Luke my newest rescue, new pics!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat2

Luke is my newest rescue boy ratter. I have officially had him for one week tomorrow :D He is a very very large PEW who was supposedly born in September 2006, blind, and when I first met him he took two nice chunks out of my arm. :D He came home with me that day.

To our knowledge Luke was surrendered to the local Humane Society at which point the rescue I adopt from came in and took him in. The rat coordinator, my friend Michelle, contacted me about adopting him she said he was a housewarming gift as we just moved, plus she knows I am always willing to deal with special needs ratters. After visiting him and seeing his aggressive behavior I decided I would take Luke home.

The deal is if you hold him (as in he is sitting on you) he will not bite and is pretty well behaved. If he is next to you or running around next to you and you approach him he goes bonkers and will attempt to lunge at any hands/fingers/arms and bite. And forget putting the food bowl gently in his cage, he will go after both me and the food bowl even if he has a mouthful the teeth come out. He very much does not like hands and arms, not sure of his past human experiences but I am guessing they did not leave a good impression on him.

So far this week I have gotten him more accustomed to being held for long periods of time and we are working on the biting thing, I have a few cuts at this point but I swear he isn't pressing down as hard when he does get my fingers now as he was earlier this week.

Without further ado here is Luke's pictures from the rescue site, I will get more up when I find the camera and also intend to keep everyone updated here with his progress!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=8818869

What a gorgeous hunk. I guess it was love at first bite? lol
Can't wait for updates on your fellow. Rescuers are the bestest.

Oh yes and he has also learned to give kisses, yes I get my face that close to him, I think he is figuring out that he is going to be very spoiled and very loved :D

Luke is continuing to do well, I have only had one run in with his teeth this week as opposed to the five last week :D

He still gets really excited and aggressive when he is out running around by himself and he comes across a hand but we're working on it. Hoping I can find my camera and charge it soon, the goal for the weekend is to get rid of an ass load of boxes.

Got some pictures of Luke last night!

Luke3.jpg

Luke2.jpg

Luke.jpg

What a beautiful boy! That's great news that he also gives kisses!! Even if he's very territorial, I bet he feels so very lucky that you've taken him in to give lots of love and care. :heart:

Back