Lookie what I did!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One in each ear and one cartiledge on my right ear... All of which have been pulled because I worked at a place that didn't allow Jewellery for the summer (Chapman's Icecream) and just gave up on trying to keep it up.

Got a cute tat though. Left hip question mark... Question Everything. Don't take life at face value, learn, and grow. =D

I have the same piercing, and when I got it done we used a cbr for healing purposes. It was a bit more of a pain in the butt for eating etc, but it was well worth it for cleaning and healing. I also had issues with one of my carlilage piercings having jewelry that was too short to allow for swelling and drainage and it was very painful. I'll spare you all the details of the ensuing infection due to that mistake on the piercer's behalf. :redhot: I'm still trying to heal it. :rant:

I also have my tragus, daith, snug, anti-tragus, lobes(twice in each ear with smaller claw stretchers in one set) and my nipps. I used to have my navel, but I had to take it out because I kept getting it caught on stuff at work. :wallbang:

I'd have to say the two most painful were my snug and daith due to the thickness of the cartilage pierced, but I'm sure it's different for everyone which hurts the most. I also have three tattoos and none of them hurt nearly as much as my last two piercings.

I'm running out of places to pierce, so I'd like to start working on my tattoo wish list. At the top of my wish list is a weeping willow tree with the trunk on my spine and the roots framing my lower back and hips. This one will have to wait a while though because it's the biggest and most expensive tat on my list. I'll likely get the *rest* :lol: of the smaller ones first and have my tree sort of tie everything together.

Good luck with your new piercing and happy healing.

One in each ear and one cartiledge on my right ear... All of which have been pulled because I worked at a place that didn't allow Jewellery for the summer (Chapman's Icecream) and just gave up on trying to keep it up.

Got a cute tat though. Left hip question mark... Question Everything. Don't take life at face value, learn, and grow. =D

When I got my lip done I worked somewhere that didn't allow piercings either. The owner came into the store and told me to take it out. I told him that I couldn't take it out. That was the end of that argument. :lol: He was mad for a while, but he got over it. I work in a factory now so it doesn't matter what I look like, but I do dread ever having to find another job with my ears full of metal. (I keep my tattoos in places that are easy to hide if necessary)

I don't understand why people still discriminate against people with body art. There should be laws against that kind of stuff.
(if there aren't already)

Well in Megan (Avatar)'s case she had to take them out because she was working with food and if any of her piercings fell out and ended up in the ice cream Chapmans would have alot of trouble on their hands so for her there was only one choice piercings or job.

smilez_n_hugs said:
Well in Megan (Avatar)'s case she had to take them out because she was working with food and if any of her piercings fell out and ended up in the ice cream Chapmans would have alot of trouble on their hands so for her there was only one choice piercings or job.

I guess I was lucky because I was working at Subway at the time and they didn't even try to argue that point. (I had been promoted to assistant manager just before my piercing so that may have helped my case too.) In that situation though I would bust out the medical tape or bandaids and make it so it would be impossible for any jewelry to fall out. (Then what argument do they have?) I think they just use that as an excuse because they do not like the look of piercings to be associated with their business. Also, I'm the type to argue with my employer if I feel it's necessary. I have yet to be fired for it, although the way the economy is going right now it wouldn't be worth it to loose a job over it without another one lined up. (keep in mind that I got my lip pierced about 6 years ago when one could get a new job very easily)
I just know how pissed I would be if I had an employer put me in that situation. :redhot:

I am a piercing veteren...if the metal of the jewelry irritates your skin or hurts try a labret barbell made from bioplast. It's hypoallergenic and cheap, and comes in all sorts of colors! It also flexes making it more comfortable. I love my bioplast tongue rings-you can get them from www.bodycandy.com. I love that site and order all my jewelry from it. I have my ears pierced 7 times, my tongue pierced, my labret (lip), and my belly button-and I have had my eyebrow pierced twice and my, well...lol parts of my lady bits pierced also. Those-hurt! I would love to do my nose, but with work and all it just would not fly. One day I will do it and just say my religion calls for a nose stud and it is out of my hands, wonder if they will buy it? :lol:

Kayla said:
I guess I was lucky because I was working at Subway at the time and they didn't even try to argue that point. (I had been promoted to assistant manager just before my piercing so that may have helped my case too.) In that situation though I would bust out the medical tape or bandaids and make it so it would be impossible for any jewelry to fall out. (Then what argument do they have?) I think they just use that as an excuse because they do not like the look of piercings to be associated with their business. Also, I'm the type to argue with my employer if I feel it's necessary. I have yet to be fired for it, although the way the economy is going right now it wouldn't be worth it to loose a job over it without another one lined up. (keep in mind that I got my lip pierced about 6 years ago when one could get a new job very easily)
I just know how pissed I would be if I had an employer put me in that situation. :redhot:

In my case it literally is a health issue though. They don't allow contact lenses, jewellery of any kind, any pens, or even coins in your pockets. Chapman's actually keeps to one of the highest standards of food safety (I'm quite proud to work there to be honest). On top of all of that, I was a lab tech assistant. This meant my nose and body went into places that no other employees were allowed, so I really had to keep to the rules or I'd be out the door, out of a job, and would have a hard time getting a job anywhere in my area afterward (the biggest company in the entire area is Chapman's Icecream). So I understand why they're so strict...

Of course, when I worked at a grocery store and saw them not hire people due to body piercings... Well I just waited until I was hired until I let myself do anything wild :giggle: Bright blonde in the front of my short hair, earrings in the chape of handcuffs... Pretty much everything I could get away with without breaking the uniform rule... And they loved having me work there =D I was the friendliest cashier they had, and my boss literally cried when I quit... But University beckoned. Hahahah.

The actual ring is actually long enough, but my lip is swelling a lot. I've been taking Advil as much as recommended and soaking it in cold water. I think the digging just happened at night because I wasn't able to control the swelling. I'm dragging my boyfriend out there today to get it changed though. These have been the longest two days of my life!

Girly parts pierced? Owie!!!

I have a job interview on Thursday (for a rollerskating rink, but they sell food so I'm not sure if I'd work with it) and I really hope my lip ring would be ok with them...

Kayla said:

In my case it literally is a health issue though. They don't allow contact lenses, jewellery of any kind, any pens, or even coins in your pockets. Chapman's actually keeps to one of the highest standards of food safety (I'm quite proud to work there to be honest). On top of all of that, I was a lab tech assistant. This meant my nose and body went into places that no other employees were allowed, so I really had to keep to the rules or I'd be out the door, out of a job, and would have a hard time getting a job anywhere in my area afterward (the biggest company in the entire area is Chapman's Icecream). So I understand why they're so strict...

Of course, when I worked at a grocery store and saw them not hire people due to body piercings... Well I just waited until I was hired until I let myself do anything wild :giggle: Bright blonde in the front of my short hair, earrings in the chape of handcuffs... Pretty much everything I could get away with without breaking the uniform rule... And they loved having me work there =D I was the friendliest cashier they had, and my boss literally cried when I quit... But University beckoned. Hahahah.

You have a job you actually like that you went to school for. I wouldn't want to mess that up either. The way you explained the situation now makes much more sense. No contact lenses? What about glasses? That's awesome that they are that serious about keeping foreign stuff out of the food. :nod:

At least by the time I get around to going to school all of my piercings will be completely healed so I'll be able to take them out as needed when looking for a job afterwards. (although the way the auto industry is going I may have to find a new job sooner :wallbang:)

mercurydust said:
I am a piercing veteren...if the metal of the jewelry irritates your skin or hurts try a labret barbell made from bioplast. It's hypoallergenic and cheap, and comes in all sorts of colors! It also flexes making it more comfortable. I love my bioplast tongue rings-you can get them from http://www.bodycandy.com. I love that site and order all my jewelry from it. I have my ears pierced 7 times, my tongue pierced, my labret (lip), and my belly button-and I have had my eyebrow pierced twice and my, well...lol parts of my lady bits pierced also. Those-hurt! I would love to do my nose, but with work and all it just would not fly. One day I will do it and just say my religion calls for a nose stud and it is out of my hands, wonder if they will buy it? :lol:

I really like bioplast as well. :thumbup: My boyfriend would kill me if I got my lady parts pierced, although my piercer reassures me that they are supposed to hurt less and heal faster than my snug and daith piercings. :roll:
I would get the nose piercing unless you work in an environment similar to Avatar's, but I'd also be prepared fight for it.

Kayla said:
You have a job you actually like that you went to school for. I wouldn't want to mess that up either. The way you explained the situation now makes much more sense. No contact lenses? What about glasses? That's awesome that they are that serious about keeping foreign stuff out of the food. :nod:

At least by the time I get around to going to school all of my piercings will be completely healed so I'll be able to take them out as needed when looking for a job afterwards. (although the way the auto industry is going I may have to find a new job sooner :wallbang:)

Yeah. I totally got lucky in my workplace =D I mean, if I had been majorly attached to my piercings I wouldn't have applied for the job, and they're fine with piercings during interviews and if you take them out in the locker rooms (the first rooms you can enter as an employee), it's just anywhere else is a no-no. I know people who had nose and lip rings that worked there and just took them out while they worked... So it wasn't discrimination of any sort I'd say for sure... But most places are a lot more accepting now too. I, myself, just wouldn't apply to work at a fancy restaurant with snake-bites and an eyebrow ring and expect the job =S

I have never used anything in my nostril but acrylic or nylon, I thought I would steer clear of all the metals and the place I had it pierced had the nylon jewellery and I fell in love with it.
Now I order it here:
Ebay Surfing Silver

Back