Little Mischief Rescue, BC

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for putting our link up!

You're right, I used to be the rat coordinator with SARS but left in November along with a bunch of other people and we formed Little Mischief Rescue :joy:

I see that the rats are fostered in different locals. Just curious how someone from the Fraser Valley can adopt a rat that's fostered in Boise Idaho?

Hey, I heard on CBC that Little Mischief is taking in a rattie from Alberta that would otherwise be condemned (Alberta being a rat-free province.) Some very nice PR about the great pet qualities of domestic rats.
Janice

nsducktoller said:
Hey, I heard on CBC that Little Mischief is taking in a rattie from Alberta that would otherwise be condemned (Alberta being a rat-free province.) Some very nice PR about the great pet qualities of domestic rats.
Janice

And congrats on your first post, lurker!!! :joy:

I met Susan from LMR. She is awesome. I never thought I'd ever meet her, it was such a fluke.

I've been considering fostering for a long time. I think I will finally do it sometime soon. I wanna help!

I got my little Rattie Roxy and La Jolla from LMR. They are great people. I met Susan for my home visit and she was so helpful. She pointed me toward Terry who had my little girls. They were very helpful. The next time Im looking for a rat, I will go to them :)

Just wanted to say that LMR currently has two spayed girls in rescue.

Caliana
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19123383

Cambie
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19123344

Woman was going to throw them and other rats into a bag and then out the window. We're guessing they are related to the other DTES SRO rats.

Still in qt/recovery from spay but should hopefully be ready to go to a new home in about 2 weeks. The two girls are fostered together.

You know what, they are probably related....

We've been cleaning up after this one guy in the DTES SRO forever

First time we took in over 50 rats directly from him.

He also hands them out to anybody who wants them so we've had several single ones that ended up with us.

February last year a mom and her litter... We know for sure that they were from him.

Mando and Meylor and that group of almost 30 were dumped in the alley right where he lives.

And now the SPCA seized 44 and we took in 15 from two separate locations in the DTES and they all look like this. Coincidence? I think not.

As you said it yourself "They look like the splitting image". They all do.

Here's the others from this latest group:
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19123224

One of the girls that were spayed was preggo too *sigh*. I just hope that Dazu is not preggo again like what happened w. Mando/Meylor's mom...

Well they just keep calling us and we've been cleaning up and cleaning up. But with Mando/Meylor's group we said no more until they step in and stop this insanity. But then Susan agreed to take in the latest group of 15.... She just heard the story and sent volunteers to get them. They would have died for sure as the woman wanted them dead. I guess at least the SPCA stepped up big time and took in 44.

My 2 Beige capped where probably from him as well . They were Annie's babies ( Florence and Izabelle were their first names).

It's so sad to hear about all of these rats right on our front door who need our help but still can't do anything about it...

Yes, one and the same guy, Cinderwolf... Your two girls and Rissa's Mando/Meylor are from the same group that were abandoned in the alley... different moms but definitely closely related

Back