Lilspaz Ratties Hospice and Rescue - CLOSED INDEFINITELY

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance:

oh wow what a difference!!!
I am so relieved, and so happy to see him breathing easier and looking better.

you must be feeling a huge weight has been lifted off you, eh? :heart:

Wow, what a difference from before the weekend, when he was struggling to move air in and out of his lungs, to now. What a comeback! I'm so happy for you both! :D

Now that we have Norbert on his way to full recovery, we are concentrating on Waldo. He has lost a LOT of weight, and his skin hangs loose on his body. His breathing is deep and laboured and even his eyes look dry. I took these pics before I put ointment on them...my poor lad. I am starting to feed him Emeraid Diet but he's going to need a lot of help. His body temp keeps dropping so I have him tucked in the pillow cave(with Bean) and a warm snuggle safe as an ambient heat source.

My poor skinny lad. :?

apr2Waldo.jpg

apr2Waldo2.jpg

apr2Waldo3.jpg

:hugs:

Oh Waldo, now that you're snuggling in a cave everyone is gonna want to say it, you know what I mean... Where's Waldo??
:giggle:
you stay nice and warm and eat all your good noms and rest and get better, you here?

Petunia said:
Oh Waldo, now that you're snuggling in a cave everyone is gonna want to say it, you know what I mean... Where's Waldo??
:lol:

Sending good thoughts and healing vibes to Waldo...
:hugs:

Poor babies. The deck was stacked against them right from the get go... but for them to fight through this, they have a fighting chance with you!

Not to take away from the pressing matters of healing but...
The raffle has been won and members can view it in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33584

lilspaz68 said:
Now that we have Norbert on his way to full recovery, we are concentrating on Waldo. He has lost a LOT of weight, and his skin hangs loose on his body. His breathing is deep and laboured and even his eyes look dry. I took these pics before I put ointment on them...my poor lad. I am starting to feed him Emeraid Diet but he's going to need a lot of help. His body temp keeps dropping so I have him tucked in the pillow cave(with Bean) and a warm snuggle safe as an ambient heat source.

My poor skinny lad. :?

apr2Waldo.jpg

apr2Waldo2.jpg

apr2Waldo3.jpg

Oh Waldo. :(
Lets get you fattened up and healthy. :heart:
So glad these boys found you Shelagh. :cuddle:

Poor sweet Waldo... I really hope he's hit the worst of it now, and that he'll get better. Maybe since he's seen his brother kick this, he'll take heart in that?

Kinda scary, but in that middle picture especially (but also the last), you can see just how dry his poor eyes are...

Joanne said:
How old is Waldo?

Same age as Norbert, Melvin and Yara...19 mo.

I am feeding him the Emeraid diet twice a day and he's bright but horribly skinny still. All the rats that had relapses from the virus (Amity, Sparrow, Melvin, Norby but not so much) lost weight quickly.

Back