Introducing Frieda cat - pics & video

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fidget

I introduced her here http://jorats.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=376 , but I have some pictures and a video now so I'm putting it in the right section.

She was found in a ditch. She has neurological damage and walks all off-kilter and falls over all the time. Eating is difficult as her coordination is off with her swaying, but she does fine. She lived with 2 old ladies. One died from cancer, the other was in a wheelchair and couldn't care for her. So went into rescue and a foster home. I asked about her as she would be safe for ratties as she can't jump on their table or cage and they could easily get away from her.

I'm not sure I want the long-term commitment of a cat, but if I'm not ready to adopt I can at least foster her where she will be the only cat and I can give her more time than her fostermom who has about 20 cats to care for right now.

She came yesterday and we had a great day. She took to me right away and is totally affectionate & trusting. She loves to follow me (tripping over my feet) and meows at me to come and follow her. She's very playful (she's just 4) but as she can't chase toys around without falling over we sit together and hearty scritch & cuddle sessions. She purrs a lot and talks to me ofen.

She has no balance and it's not helping that she was fat before and has a big leftover skin-belly that sways when she walks and knocks her off-kilter. I wish I could buy her a tummy tuck. But she's happy, and she doesn't let it ground her.
She's a very very special girl!

Pictures are here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... ts/Frieda/

And a little video is here (first time she used the catbox here, what a good girl!) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ern2IkKC2cY

thanks for getting this far, I'm always long-winded, but Frieda deserves some special description. :)

Just watched the video, and safe to say she's pulled my heart strings! What a sweetie, it's unfortunate she has neurological conditions, but it's amazing people like you that give her a second chance :heart:

Watched the video and I'm in love. Frieda is beautiful and so courageous. I could take lessons from her. I'm so glad she's with you, Fidget.

Thanks everyone.

She already had a great loving foster home - her fostermom cried when she left her...

I must say that I feel bad that Frieda has this to struggle with, but far as me I'm not not doing anything giving - like taking on a kid with problems - her difficulties are no problem for me at all and are a bonus when you have ratties with open cages.
I didn't take a troublesome kid, I greedily grabbed the pick of he litter! :D

She looks like a very special girl! I wish I didn't already have two cats. Sigh. I have to stay away from kitty rescues and shelters. It makes me feel so bad. I want to take them all but we have a very limited capacity for pets, and living in a small 15th floor apartment, especially for cats and dogs.

Just watched the video and I have to say: I hope you keep her. You are so perfect for her, your voice is so calming and caring.

And what a most excellent idea for the litter box. You used a dog crate/house to hide the litter box in? I was looking all over the net for a kitty litter cover home, all were so expensive or hard to ship to Canada.
Thanks so much for the tip!!!

The crate and low litter box came with her, It's perfect! She can get into the box easily and the crate keeps the tossed litter in it.
She also has a laser light she likes to bat at.

Back