How would it feel...caution long post...Now with Pics pg2

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
minnow said:
Can you show us a picture? Unusual white markings on the head and face are usually high white, but if you're not sure someone here would probably be able to tell if she is or not.
There are 2 pics posted in this thread on page 2...the little hooded girl.

I hate to say it, but your chubby girl looks just like my chubby girl. My girl Mimi has been gradually getting fatter and fatter. She has a normal sized frame, but the fat is all belly. She has normal alertness, and waddles around, sleeps with everyone else, etc. She takes all the blocks and hides them away. She gets treated the same as all the other ratties, but she is the only obese one. Go figure. My girl seems normal except for her weight. Maybe rats are like people - some are prone to obesity.

minnow said:
From the pictures I'd say that she is a high white.

No babies from her unless she is currently prego, which I doubt cause I was assured these two girls have not been around any other rats in months let alone males...and she will never be bred...
so no worries of megacolon babies from her...is she in danger of megacolon?
she is about 1yr old...the guy said they got her when she was about 2months old last summer...so I assume she probably just had a B'day or one is coming soon.

At 1 year old, I'd say there's virtually no danger. Late onset megacolon almost always hits before then, and most cases of megacolon aren't late onset.

minnow said:
At 1 year old, I'd say there's virtually no danger. Late onset megacolon almost always hits before then, and most cases of megacolon aren't late onset.

Well this is good news...keeping fingers crossed that these girlies are healthy...Fat maybe but healthy.

Back