Hollow bump!?!?! (Gross pic warning)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she cleaned what could not be removed, and removed everything else. She also left a small gap in the stitches so it could breathe. She was worried if she sealed it up completely the abscess would return immediately. So far, so good though! He is doing great. :)

Me too. He and I are getting a ton of time together as a result of this too. He is on anti-biotics for 10-14 days, and I clean the stitches twice a day with sodium chloride irrigation stuff. He stays perfectly still while I clean around it, and then he snuggles up in my arm when I'm done. I don't know how such a huge heart fits in such a tiny body! In about a week his stitches get to be removed. Hopefully i can put the boys back together then We have supervised play dates for them, but Tesla really wants to "clean" the stitches on Nickolai... which just hurts him, and then I have to break them up again. I'm sure he thinks he is helping, but he kinda comes off as a little jerk, lol! (and thus "little jerk" has become his nickname!)

Thank you guys so much for the support!

Last edited:
Back