Help with Intros

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, maybe I'll have to keep doing the bathtub intros for longer periods of time. man, this is taking forever. I'm tired of cleaning two cages. Haha

Instead of going back a step, get a very tiny out time cage. Each time Luffy starts to bully, put him in the cage. Keep the cage in the room, on the floor so he can see the others having free range and fun. Have nothing at all in the cage. Keep him in there no longer than 10 minutes. And do this each time he bullies. While on the other hand, when you see him go to the babies and not bully, when he turns away from them, give him a yummy treat for making a good decision.

I like this idea. I'll try it! Cause I think he's just being a stubborn jerk like he usually is. Lol.

Well, I've decided on neutering Luffy. He's just overall a jerky rat and I think a neuter would be good for him and everyone else, including me. He'll be happier overall. I'm doing it ASAP because I'm tired of having two separate cages when he's the only problem. Time to fix it. I didn't want to because of the risks of surgery on small animals but I think it'll be well worth it.

I did an intro today back in neutral territory and he attacked a baby, twice. I'm done with him and his bad behavior. Not only that, but when the babies were out and he and Simon were in their cage he got in a big fight with Simon. No blood, but lots of screaming. I had to break them up twice. He's such a little nightmare.

Poor Luffy, his stress and hormones are just too much for him to handle. The neuter will make him feel so much better. Don't think of him as being a bad rat, just think of him as being overly stressed and you will free him from those nasty feelings.

Maybe he'll finally let me touch his incredibly soft fur. Haha.

I know he'll he happier once he's free from all those hormones.

Back