Harry mouth and nose turning bluish purple and back legs getting weaker

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His meds have already been upped to 3 times a day but I could try increasing the doses..I think at this point he just has too much pressure on his airway. I'd need an xray to confirm that but I can't do anything for him till Monday when the vet is open.

He is back to being pink just restless.. If it gets too bad then I can take him to the emergency vet and have him pts..

Unfortunately I think it is our sweet Harry's time... His breathing is very heavy and fast. He isn't gasping as of yet but he has barely touched his baby food today and took him all day just to take his heart meds but he did take his lasix this morning though I have to stop it since he isn't eating or drinking anything.. He just wants to be in his hammock. He has also been having these weird spasms in his chest area..at first I thought they were hiccups but just his chest jumps and I can see the muscles twitching when it happens. He doesn't seem to notice though he doesn't seem to notice much the past few days just lays in his hammock with his eyes open... I am not ready to lose him but gotta do what I feel is best for him and he is not comfortable right now.. I don't want him to get to an emergency situation and be terrified in the end. Wish our rats could live forever!!

Back