Happy birthday to my boys

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat

The Wildthings are 1 year old today

Fred

fredinpink.jpg

Frank

frankinbasket.jpg

Victor

victorinbasket.jpg

The Drs
Kanji (the boss)

kanjiincupboard.jpg

Ravi

raviincupboard.jpg

Syan

syanincupbboard.jpg

Kozar

kozarintower.jpg

:b-day5: :bananas: :balloons3:

Happy Birthday Wildthangs!!!!

I cannot believe its been a year already??? :huh:

My poor boys and girls got ignored on their birthday since I had to do the Lab Boy pickup tonight. I'll have to make it up to them tomorrow. :heart: :b-gift: Don't anyone tell them that tomorrow is NOT their birthday! :wink:

Happy Birthday.....

:b-cake: :001: :b-dayrat:

And Since it's 1:30 am Happy Birthday to Shelagh Wildthangs LOL

lilspaz68 said:
Happy Birthday Wildthangs!!!!

I cannot believe its been a year already??? :huh:

My poor boys and girls got ignored on their birthday since I had to do the Lab Boy pickup tonight. I'll have to make it up to them tomorrow. :heart: :b-gift: Don't anyone tell them that tomorrow is NOT their birthday! :wink:
It's their birthday today, Shelagh, all the Wildthings. You can still celebrate. :b-cake:

mamarat said:
It's their birthday today, Shelagh, all the Wildthings. You can still celebrate. :b-cake:

Ooops...I got to checking the forum so late that I never noticed after 12 am it was posted...just felt rotten for forgetting. :?

Happy Birthday Docs!!! :happyb-day:

Oh Vanessa, what a sweet surprise. Hobo looks great, thanks to you. His boys look just like him.

:balloons: to all the brothers and sisters. :001:

I wish I had better news about Hobo, but I don't.
He is still as wild as can be, he cannot be handled or allowed to freerange. I have been able to get him to take treats from my fingers, but he still lunges at the cage whenever I approach. That is why I can't get very many good pictures of him, I am afraid he will lunge or escape whenever I open the cage door.
This is more than just run of the mill aggression with him, I have been there and done that with many rats, he is just as wild as can be. It makes me very, very sad.
I hope his children are better adjusted than he is.

Poor Hobo, maybe he was just a "real" wild rat? I can pet the boys now but they don't want to be picked up. And can they jump high!!! All three are little shirt divers and are ok with their humans. And I'm so lucky, they actually go home by themselves when I tell them to. Otherwise they would be "out" all the time and I would be a very nervous mom.

Vanessa... it is sad that Hobo is the way he is, but he's found himself in a great home where he gets what he mostly needs, food and shelter.
I can't imagine how hard it must be on you and your heart having to deal with him every day, not knowing if it's the right thing or not. But keep in mind, that you do what you do with his interest at heart.

Back