Hadley cool, low heart rate, straight arms

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

Hadley has been clumsy lately, but still lively and eating well. She's thin. This morning and afternoon she seemed her usual self.
I went up to see the rats when I got home this evening, and Hadley was puffy and sitting by herself not moving much. I picked her up to check her, and she was cooler than the others. I did "rat phone" and discovered that I could hear her individual heart beats; my guess is that her heart rate is half what it should be. No lung sounds.

Right now I have her in a hammock in my lap so that she will be warm. Every so often she jerks-- seizure?
Poor title girl. I don't think there is anything I can do.

I'm thinking of trying Pred, just in case she has PT. If she has any response I could start her on Bromo tomorrow.

I have no idea how old she is. I got her from the SPCA last June. She had been one of a group dumped in a box at their door.

Sent from my iPhone

Awww, I'm sorry Godmother. I'm glad she went quickly with her momma comforting her.
Perhaps a PT that just went really fast? RIP Hadley, play hard at the Bridge...
:hugs: to you

I am so sorry. You were just the person she needed in her last moments. Rest In Peace Hadley. We love you:heart:

Dear little Hadley was at least spared a lingering illness. I wonder whether she had a brainstem tumour or aneurysm. That would explain the low heart rate and the movement disorder.

It is so strange not to see her in the cage. I only had her for 4 1/2 months.

4 1/2 months is not much to us, but is a loooong time for a rattie. She took that wonderful time with you and her rattie family with her to the bridge. :heart:

That sounds like Pt. We always find low heart rates on them as htey pass and they always have the stretched out arms. If she was being clumsy days prior it was probably pt. We sadly have had way to many girls with PT here lately sadly we are becomng pros with it. Hugs to you.

Back