Group Intros/Peanut has a harem

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I am impressed! I guess running around flirting with all of his new girlfriends has burned off some calories! Way to go, Peanut! :clapping:

With Axe gone there is no more baby food, cereal, ensure for him to get to. We also no longer give veggies/fruit everyday. Treats have been drastically cut down. The girls take his food and hide it so unless he wants to eat just oxbow he has to get up and find it. I also keep putting him on the upper levels of the cages knowing he wants to be on the bottom so he has to move to get back down there. I knew he felt lighter so we are very happy with the nutman. Still won't use his back feet though just drags them - not hed - he has feeling in them.

Ahh, I wish we had had some girls for Achilles to run after for a slim down help. :nod: You have done so amazing with Peanut's weight loss, with all the things you have been doing, that is impressive! I am sure it makes Peanut feel better too. :)

Dspch, I have a question about Peanut's rear legs? Achilles also started dragging his back legs/feet too. How does one know if that is HED or as you commented, in Peanut's case, it is not HED? I just assumed when I saw Achilles not using his back feet that he was getting HED. How does one know if it is not that? I am totally curious about it.

I have to say I don't really know on the HED, but he started dragging them about a year ago which would be rather young for HED as he would of been 1 - 1 1/2 years old. His vet said he has feeling in his back legs & feet and should be using them. I too assumed HED. I actually have him out right now since we have stuff to wash his winky with - she doesn't think he has a uti, just build up around his winky shaft. So along with cleaning plugs now I get to clean the whole winky. Anyway, along with brushing him, after I cut his back nails (which I hope will help) I was trying some physical therapy on his back legs. Basically I was just making him move them up and down, ride a bike - figure it cannot hurt - I'm making it up as I go. I know with the weight he couldn't lift himself up so that's when he started dragging his rear end. Hopefully he'll start using it again.

He says hello and thanks for checking up on him ♡

Last edited:
Awwww -- love that Peanut man! :heart::heart::heart:
I showed my Gracie-Lou the picture of him & she started bogglin' or as we call it eye twirkin ! Nassie gurl....

Nut man is having a hard time with his women - Bristol steals all hid food - even what he's eatting and puts it in the potty. Daddy and I have to block the girls ao he can eat. On the upside, a slimmer Peanut

Aww, poor Peanut, his girlfriends are hoarding his fuds! I am glad you and Daddy are there to make sure he gets something to eat! :love11:

Peanut man is starting to show his age! He has been making raspy respiratory noises again. Still on baytril/doxy, but needing more mini baths to wash the man parts from urine.

Peanut man is starting to show his age! He has been making raspy respiratory noises again. Still on baytril/doxy, but needing more mini baths to wash the man parts from urine.

Aww - I love the Nut Man. I love how you nic-named him that - it's too cute!
So what's the deal with urine on his parts?

Back