Gmc - rip 7/21/14

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh so sorry for your loss! how is Bumbles doing today?

Bumbles still lays in the same spot that GMC did, but he's eating and drinking and will come when we call him. He still squeaks when we pick him up and the lump on his side is becoming harder - I'm hoping that means it will pop and its just a cyst or abscess, but he's had it for weeks now. I'd take him to the vet, but surgical removal is not an option and I know that would be their answer. He just looks sad. I think we will try and intro him to one of our other boys and hope he behaves....

aww poor baby!! I hope he will accept some a buddy, that would at least distract him. Dre had that cyst on his back *forever* it seems, it got really hard and then opened up. very dry stuff inside, no infection, just gunk, ugly gunk. between flushing it and him chewing on it, it finally got cleaned out, shrunk up and eventually closed up, scabbed over and healed completely.
I think the vet would have wanted to remove it, so I'm glad I waited it out.

did Bumbles always squeak when you pick him up or is that new?

aww poor baby!! I hope he will accept some a buddy, that would at least distract him. Dre had that cyst on his back *forever* it seems, it got really hard and then opened up. very dry stuff inside, no infection, just gunk, ugly gunk. between flushing it and him chewing on it, it finally got cleaned out, shrunk up and eventually closed up, scabbed over and healed completely.
I think the vet would have wanted to remove it, so I'm glad I waited it out.

did Bumbles always squeak when you pick him up or is that new?

Just since this lump appeared and its big about the size of a large gumball.

Back