Couple Quick Questions!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had rats for 24 years now and have noticed that most of them don't act that different until their respiratory disease is in an advanced stage. So, even though they're eating well and acting normally, if they are making sounds when breathing it is a great idea to have them checked by a veterinarian who sees rats. The very worst thing that can happen is your vet can say they're fine. (And that's not such a bad thing, right?!) Also, if you do take them in and they're fine and then they get worse within the next week or so you can usually just call your vet rather than having to bring them in again and they'll prescribe a medication. (Unless your rats are having a completely new type of problem.)

Glad to hear the symptoms have lessened today! Maybe they won't need to be seen afterall. Hope they're still doing better. :)

Took em' in. Vet says the respiratory is nothing. He makes sounds but he thinks it's just a resonating problem from the first time I treated them and like you said, if he gets worse in the next couple of weeks I can bring him back in and he'll do something about it.

There was no clear evidence of Rinworm, but he gave me Ketohex spray to treat them for the next two weeks anyways. The woods lamp is a 50/50 shot to diagnose ringworm. Not even mine glowed under the lamp. The spot where the suspected ringworm is has gotten smaller, but is still irritated so I'm just making sure it gets sprayed once a day. :)

Back