Anyone else struggle with mental health/addiction?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never be ashamed or feel bad about what you've gone through :) as my mother used to say 'everyone has skeletons in their closet, some people are just in denial'. If people judge me I'm like 'have you looked at yourself lately? Yeah, I've got issues, so what?'

I have an addictive personality, but by stroke of luck I've managed to avoid issues with addiction to illegal things. However, I have a very unhealthy relationship with food and am always chasing my next excitement or obsession and it was only because I am highly aware of what drugs/alcohol have done throughout my family that I was able to catch myself and avoid letting my life go down that path---but as such I no longer drink or do any sort of recreational drug.
I was bulimic for a little over a decade but am recovering. I live with generalized anxiety, agoraphobia, chronic 'complex' PTSD, depression, attachment disorder and DDNOS-1/DID.

Back