Anxiety Ridden Rattie - pulling out fur

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah he's healthy loves to eat, the weight thing is bugging me a bit gonna get a scale tomorrow but yeah that's what dr.munn said he said it just might be a thing he'll always have but he wanted to make sure it wasn't a parasite or mite thing first I'll keep an eye on it thanks!

One of my boys, Hotch, had this raw lesion on his belly that started after he joined the big cage. We tried all kinds of things and even did a biopsy to see if there was any infection, etc. The biopsy showed no infection (bacteria, fungi, bugs).
He had this lesion for over 1 1/2 years. Finally he developed a pituitary tumour and miraculously it healed up. It had been self-mutilation all that time...

Here is the new medication dr munn suggested we try, jakes butt got worse after it got a bit better so were gonna try this. Dr munn has been amazing at researching every new thing that has been studied with anxiety and animals so this is something I'll cross my fingers for
yrugejab.jpg
wish me luck!

Dr. Munn gave me amitryptyline for Eli when he had a stroke and his gentle personality changed to vicious. I am not sure if it worked in time or if he reverted but I used it for awhile and I DID get my beloved Eli back. :toothy2:

Let us know how your baby does with the anti-anxiety med

Thanks lilspaz I'm crossing my fingers he stops pulling his fur out I've been finding more clumps on the bottom of his cage recently so I'm open to try anything possible

Sooo I don't want to be jinxing anything but I think this medication has been working jake is getting his fur back !!!! I'm finding less and less clumps of fur I. His cage I'm so happy! His butt use to be all skin but now it's growing back! Well I'm hoping this drug will continue to work, it was kind of pricey. I'll post another update when (if) all his fur grows back.

8a918a4d6eb8f055dcd2510e653d4c2d.jpg
1b1b0b2cbc0c306a6eef999319f657bf.jpg

Back