All Together Now

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8asymyna.jpg

2yta4upu.jpg

I redid one shelf in their DCN and they were so happy. I'm going to take everything out tomorrow, wash everything again and redo their pad. I made a little play shelf since they all mostly stay in one hammock (but have plenty of others to choose from) and they were so excited to run in and out of all the tubes.

We had a little ratty parent meet up today in ottawa and I got lots or great free stuff and an amazing hammock (which they're not using... Yet). So excited to redecorate their home!

I love my little babies.

Panda enjoying a Cheerio treat yesterday.
ururuzy9.jpg

Panda asleep tonight after a LONG and fun out time with me and their "auntie" (my best friend, who kept the girls busy while I cleaned the cage and redecorated)
je9y5upe.jpg

Rosie sleeping. Everyone was way tuckered out.
my9asamu.jpg

Except for Ellie, who never sleeps... Just like her Mama.
a9ese6yn.jpg

asaqy4yn.jpg

Honey is awake too!
ahyze6u3.jpg

Psssst. Rosie? You sleepin'? Can I come in?
tabe9ate.jpg

e2e2ebeb.jpg

Panda woke up to groom herself then fell asleep in the middle of her bath.
e3usepu3.jpg

But Honeybear came in to help her finish it.
8uvevamu.jpg

Ellie just wants more out time.
4epazava.jpg

The finished cage
asege9et.jpg

upe5edyz.jpg

Your rats are so adorable and I love the cage! :cheerful:
I always enjoy seeing pictures of other peoples rats and cages. I spend hours rearranging the girls cage every other day after cleaning lol

We need a CN picture sticky, a Martins sticky, and an other cages sticky!!! Then we can photo bomb the forum with our designer cage setups.

We need a CN picture sticky, a Martins sticky, and an other cages sticky!!! Then we can photo bomb the forum with our designer cage setups.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS. I know there are some threads out there with re: cage set ups, but I think we should have one that's stickied. I love seeing everyone's set ups and getting new ideas from everyone.

Ok so uh. Here's a few of the new boys I had to rescue from a friend due to her mom hating them.

This is Cyril. He hops very high. He's quite a nervous boy so far. Not very trusting. So we'll be working on that. I'd be a little nervous too if this was my third or fourth time being moved around to a new place.

8u6umavu.jpg

And this is Archer. He let me give him cheek runs for a good two mins and he was bruxing away. I think he may be the cuddlebutt I so desire! More to come on the new boys.

yge5upyb.jpg

ypasanad.jpg

And a few of the girls from out time tonight too.

9ejanyve.jpg

8ygyju9y.jpg

7y4y8ega.jpg

Finally a nice one of Rosie's face. Honey was hiding in the laundry basket.

uvazute8.jpg

I'm starting to win the boys trust. Thank goodness for sunflower seeds! Even Cyril who is very, very timid took some out of my hand. He's even eating the Cheerios I left in the cage. And I think I might've heard him bruxing a little when I was giving him some scritches.

They're both very cute. Very inquisitive. Still getting used to my hand, but we're working on it. My friend barely had them a few days so I can understand that they're hesitant to give their trust. We shall see. Archer is going to be a cuddly furbutt, I think. And maybe even Cyril too. I'm excited to get to know their personalities. I spent one on one time with each of them and I think that really helped as well.

It was a very busy weekend with family staying over (my two cousins loved the rats and said they were "actually cute"). Haven't gotten the ratties out as much as I would've liked to so tonight is going to be a fun night.

Archer and Cyril are doing well. Archer reminds me of Ellie. Very curious, brave and interested in everything. Cyril is still very nervous and scared, especially out of the cage. I feel terrible because I haven't been giving him the love and attention he needs. Over the past few days. Rosie is still stuffed up so I'm going to have to make an appointment to take her to a vet who actually knows what he/she is doing. I can't believe she's still sniffly. Her lungs don't sound too bad. It sounds like it's all in her nose. And sometimes she can sound completely fine. I only have flannel and fleece in their cage, so I have no idea what's causing this persistent URI. She eats and drinks tons too. I guess we'll see when I take her. All the other girls are doing great. Panda is making fantastic progress. She's okay with being petted and picked up, but she's still her independent self.

I can't get over how much I love my rats. I love their personalities. I love their little quirks. I love how they fight over a Cheerio for two seconds until the remember "OH YA! She'll give us one of our own". Haha <3 oh my little furbabies.

Oh yes, it is amazing how much our little fur babies steal our hearts and charm us. I loved your comment about the Cheerios and I can relate! I always have to give my boys their own Cheerio (or other treat) at the exact same time so they don't squabble or get jealous of the other one having a treat sooner than the other, ha ha. Yep, fur babies rock our world, don't they? I adore mine beyond belief.

Try 8 in one cage lol...prep time is needed to have one for each ready to go!

Your babies are gorgeous. ..love the Boys names! I had a Sterling and I have a Lana and I want a Figgis...
We all understand what you're feeling in that you can just have so much love immediately for such a small fuzzball...I get teary eyed when I think of how much love we (my ratties& I) share :)
[emoji176][emoji193][emoji176]

Back