5 Hairless Males in Chicagoland!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velo

Perusing through CL, I saw this today:

Hairless Rat Boys Need Homes! (Oak Lawn)

I have 5 hairless young male rats, 2 standard ear, 3 dumbo both with black and ruby eyes. These guys are friendly, playful and people oriented and are in need of good homes. I'm asking a 20$ rehoming fee for individuals and 30$ for pairs. Contact for pictures and more info.

I'm seeing if I can find out any other info, but I'm definitely not in the position to add to my crew. ):

But I thought someone on here might be or might know someone since they are nakies and some are dumbos!!

I can't help looking at pets sometimes on CL because I like stalking the free stuff too. @_@;;

I've inquired, but haven't received a response. That is the town next to me .... I'm cursing you right now cause I cannot take I 5 more either. We have a big trip planned in October ....... without a rat sitter lined up yet. I have my mom that will come in and feed them, etc - but no one to take them out and play with them for two weeks....

Well at the very least, the price is much too high for anyone who would want them as food. And as males, it's less likely they'll be picked up for breeding (plus we don't seem to have too many of those backyard breeder types around here?)

I know, I'm sorry haha! I think I saw you posting not too long ago about wanting a dumbo nakie too. :p

If I had another CN and they were healthy enough I'd hold them for you until October but I don't! ): Plus the boyfriend would probably be mad. >_>;

Aw man, you don't know anyone who wants to come play with some cute rats? :(
I guess it is kind of a weird thing. Doesn't Ness do boarding? Of course that's probably uber expensive.

I haven't gotten a response yet either.. But I imagine they will soon since it's been 23 hours and people tend to be on the web around the same times each day.

Thank you Rattymouse! Hopefully we'll get some pics, I know there have to be responsible pet owners out there who would love these fellas.

Still no response on the craigslist. Yes, Ness does have broading, but your right its expensive. They have techs there that do it on the side and would come in and feed them, etc - but I have my mom for that. Actually its just a week they won't be played with then my son will be back and in charge of the his fur/non-fur siblings.

Stay off of cl it is bad news. Sadly there are always so many rats on there it isnt funny. I would make sure these are not from a feeder breeder there or a breeder to begin with. Most rescues post they are rescues and most people explain how they cannot keep their pets any more I would dig more before offering money to them.

Well, I got a reply and all I can say right now Velo, you s*@& ..... Apparently, from what she says, she took in a couple rats and one was prego, blah blah, and she sent some pictures! Looks like they are plastic bin kept athough on a couple they are standing on a wire cage. In on picture thought I count about 7 not 5. I believe she said they are around 6 months old, but they look older than that to me..... Same old I have them now, but I don't have time for them story.:(

I got an answer too:

Thanks for inquiring about my little guys. They are all intact, healthy, playful, friendly young males about 6 months old. Last winter I adopted a set of young rats from a rescue that had left the boys with the girls unattended leaving me with a little girl that had herself a fair sized litter a couple weeks later. These boys are all sweethearts and I would love to keep them all, but I'm afraid I don't have time to spend with each individual the way they all deserve. Getting good pictures of these energetic guys isn't easy, but i'll send you what i could manage over the last couple months. Let me know if you have any more questions or if you're interesting in meeting the little ones.

She probably wants to keep the females and find the males homes.

Pictures for anyone who might be stalking/curious are attached.

20140605_164037.jpg

20140430_140048.jpg

20140430_140043.jpg

20140420_185332.jpg

20140415_002425.jpg

20140415_002421.jpg

20140715_201943.jpg

Well, its a HE not a she and he has 8 boys, but is keeping three. I just have this funny feeling he is breeding... :twisted: Anyway, I told him I want to see them and perhaps I can negotiate the price. If anything, I can get them out of there and quarantine them at my mom's house. Wait, a minute - that won't work she is watch two of mine next week to give out meds :? Well maybe I can work something out - I think my mom would fall in love with them like she did Axe and possibly keep them and if not I can try and find them homes.

I live in the area. As much as I'd like to I'm not in the position to adopt, but I definitely could take care of them temporarily for the sake of anyone here if they work out something with the ad poster.

Well, we are the parents of five new absolutely adorable nakies, two are dumbos.... Living conditions weren't great, but I could tell he tried and he did care for them. I took the hubby with, but didn't tell him why or what I was going for - Surprise!! It was love at first sight for him so I guess they are staying!

hahaha sucker! You just kinda fooled him right into it... What did he say when you got there and he seen why you were there?

hahaha sucker! You just kinda fooled him right into it... What did he say when you got there and he seen why you were there?

Well, he wondered why I was putting the travel cage in the car. I told him I just wanted to put it in the car so I didn't forget to take it with us on our trip to Ohio tomorrow. (that's another story) He fell for that, but then he said he was wondering why I was picking up something from a residential area. They guy said "Come on in and look at the boys", but being the clueless dude I married, he missed that. Once he had 3-4 boys crawling on him and giving him kisses - he was reeled in.... :laugh4::rofl4:He is currently on the floor with them now talking to them.... again, I get nakies and I lose them.... so we're back up to 15.... It was payback, he went and got a motorcycle license against my wishes - behind my back (he got caught though) so this I did without his knowledge....

Back