Anyone have Revo?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samii

Does anyone have a couple tubes of Revo they can sell me? I'm happy to Paypal.

Actually, how many tubes do I even need for two rats? I would imagine if they were dosed to treat kittens and puppies that I wouldn't even need the whole tube. So maybe just one tube?

Edit: Also, where is a good online place to buy it for the future? I'm not gonna buy it from just anywhere.

Last edited:
Decided to just order some from Canadavet.com.

Can anyone back that site up? I did a bit of research before picking a website and this is one of the ones listed on another forum as trustworthy and quick.

I can't vouch for the website but I thought you couldn't buy Revo online like that in Canada/USA because it requires a prescription. I am pretty sure that many people buy from an Australian website which doesn't require a prescription... possibly because of different laws?

I believe that website gets it from New Zealand. I read on Rat Forum that that's a trusted site and it's legal to get buy it from Canada if you're in the US without a prescription. Though I could be wrong. I wanted to double check.

Okay, how about this place? I've read quite a few threads linking to this website to purchase Revolution: Pet Megastore

It ships straight from Australia.

I also had a question about diagnosing Mites. I know I should take them to the vet, but they were just there not too long ago and I really can't afford a vet bill right now. Is it really okay to just buy the Revo and treat them myself? I feel kind of odd about doing it, feeling it could be dangerous. But, every thread I read about mites it says their so common and easy to treat. There's also a lot of rat parents that use Revo. I guess I'm just paranoid. But, I think I'm going to purchase from the website above instead of the one I posted beforehand.

Reassurances anyone?

Lots of reassurances from me. Most rescues keep Revo on hand and treat any rat that comes in the door as a preventative, so that the whole colony cannot be infected and have to be all treated later on. Revo is very safe to use, tolerated well by rats and its just the one treatment as long as you use preventative methods like freezing bedding for 48 hours etc.

I usually order from Pets Megastore as its the cheapest of the AUS ordered places.

Canadavet is fine though. Same stuff, just different rules that's all.

Actually the amount depends on the weight of the rat... Like my little girl only got one drop. But my big boy got 2 drops.
Only one treatment though which was a lot easier than their antibiotic treatment...

Thanks guys! I appreciate your feedback.

I ended up going to my vet and buying a tube, he sold it to me with no prescription because I know his son and have been there before. In the future at least I know that site is good to buy from. I just didn't want them to wait the two weeks for the meds to get here. Simon was losing a lot of fur. It was starting to stress me out. D:

Thanks guys!!

Actually the amount depends on the weight of the rat... Like my little girl only got one drop. But my big boy got 2 drops.
Only one treatment though which was a lot easier than their antibiotic treatment...

This is true, the dose per rat is actually 6mg/kg, so depending on the weight of the rat and concentration of the revo, the dose will change.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your feedback.

I ended up going to my vet and buying a tube, he sold it to me with no prescription because I know his son and have been there before. In the future at least I know that site is good to buy from. I just didn't want them to wait the two weeks for the meds to get here. Simon was losing a lot of fur. It was starting to stress me out. D:

Thanks guys!!

Aww your poor guy! Was the vet able to give you a dosage for your rats?

Yeah, he gave me one tube! Though now I'm stressing out(and I probably shouldn't be) because Luffy got more than Simon did of the Revo. He got a drop at least, but I was supposed to split it evenly and I screwed it up. >.> Hoping it works and gets rid of his mites, he's the one who's suffering.

What kind of revo was it (kitten, dog)? Can you check the tube for the concentration?
You shouldn't have to use the whole tube. It is a very small amount that rats get compared to other animals...

It was the mauve, believe that's the kitten/puppy. The vet just had me split it, there wasn't much in the tube to begin with. I even double checked if that was too much, but they use that stuff all the time for small animals.

If they only need a pretty small amount, then the small amount I gave Simon should be enough? I get paranoid. :p

Luffy is the bigger rat, so I think it's fine he got a bit more. The weight is for under 5 pounds which they are. I'll keep my eye on them and see if their itching stops by tomorrow. Luffy should for sure, but since Simon is the one losing fur and scabbing, PLUS he got the smaller amount I gotta keep a special eye on him. I don't want my babies to itch anymore!

Kay wonderful, thanks. Now should I be worried about Luffy getting too much?

Kay. I haven't gotten a chance to observe and see if they've stopped itching. When I get home I will. I suppose I definitely shouldn't worry about Simon not getting enough then. :)

Luffy seems fine too, not sure what giving him too much would do to him but he's been his normal self.

You can read through the rat guide article on revolution (seen here: http://ratguide.com/meds/anti-infectives/selamectin_revolution.php ) and just watch for adverse reactions. In future I would recommend posting on here with the concentration of the medication and the weight of your rats so you can have an accurate dosage if you aren't sure of the dose. Even better would be to go to a rat vet, but that doesn't always happen with lice/mites. Revolution is well tolerated so you should be ok, but other medications are not as forgiving. Plus, if you don't have to use all of it, why waste it?

Back