pets going for feeders hamilton - PICS/BABIES

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jenny got a text today, apparently one of the females gave birth to 8 pinkies...sigh.

She and I have been talking and Jenny will foster that litter for now. I will take in the other girl, if she doesn't give birth, the first mom and her babies will come to me.

I will evaluate the old male to see if he's in good shape and can go onto Plume with I assume his son. If not, I will take them in somehow.

On top of this good news, I discovered this weekend, my young rescue dwarf hamster is pregnant as well...more sigh. :/

I won't be breathing much today til Jenny is able to pick the rats up and tell me what we are facing.

I have all of them with me now. I'm just going to head out to Shelaghs in a few minutes. I will ask Shelagh to post the pics I sent to her on here when she gets home.

Mom #1 is staying with me for now with her babies - I didn't want to move her too much since she just gave birth and whatnot. She has settled in and is currently sitting in the nest she made with her 10 babies.
Mom #2 (pregnant) will be going to Shelagh.
I think the 2 boys will be fostered by Plume. We will need to find them a home...

They are all healthy and very very sweet. Mom #1 (lol i think we need some names) is missing the last bit of her tail, but it looks like it has healed up nicely. No respiratory issues that I have heard, no fighting, no nipping, all I have seen so far is bruxxing and boggling <3

This person has been put onto my blacklist. She is a feeder breeder who was downsizing because she is down to only one snake.... *sigh* All the rats were living together in a tank - boys and girls. Pine, bad food, etc. Lets cross our fingers that Mom #1 is NOT pregnant again.

Last edited by a moderator:
And pics...Dad is a fawn dumbo. Jenny was able to get the lovely lad bruxxing :) The boys have both been dosed with Revo.

Son is a beige hoodie standard ear...he was lying beside his dad on his side gently kicking him...they sound like wonderful gentle boys. :D

Sep214Son.jpg~original

Sep214DadandSon.jpg~original

Girls. Mom # 1 is a fawn what looks like a variberk from the pics? She's a good mom it seems :)

Sep214Fawnmomagoutimomtobe.jpg~original

Sep214Fawnmom.jpg~original

Girl # 2 or Mom to Be, looks to be an agouti mismarked hoodie with a head spot. She'll be here in an hour or so.

Sep214Agoutimomtobe.jpg~original

My lovely and sweet young mom to be. She's young, she's probably 5 months or less...her first litter (Jenny's is on her 2nd). She's soft, intelligent, and very sweet. I have even got bruxxes and she will sit on my shoulder like she is used to doing this. From the smell of their bodies (strong pine), and the smell of their poop (crappy dog food), the fact that they have NO clue what a treat is, they were pretty much just feeder breeders for this person.
She is 320 grams on her initial weigh-in...my guess is about 3 more days or so.

First her preggy pics :p

Sep214Agoutimomtobe12.jpg~original

Sep214Agoutimomtobe11.jpg~original

and the obligatory and often fooling Belly Pic LOL
Sep214Agoutimomtobe7.jpg~original

now her cute pics :D

Sep214Agoutimomtobe8.jpg~original

Sep214Agoutimomtobe10.jpg~original

Sep214Agoutimomtobe9.jpg~original

Sep214Agoutimomtobe2.jpg~original

Sep214Agoutimomtobe6.jpg~original

Sep214Agoutimomtobe5.jpg~original

Ohhh yeah that feeels gooood. :love7:

Sep214Agoutimomtobe4.jpg~original

Sep214Agoutimomtobe3.jpg~original

Does plumme still need a cage for the boys I'm late on this thread but would be willing to donate a new cage and transport it over? Or the mamas?

Jenny approving, I want to name my little girl Mouse. She's just the sweetest little thing. :D Once she figured out licking (I rubbed her ears) now I cannot get her to stop. LOL

She loves body strokes, rubs, gentle scritches....me talking to her...she bruxxes, boggles and licks. What more can you ask for?

I will start a new thread for her once her name has been approved. Jenny usually gets a final say since she's the one who hears me talk about them the most..hahaha.

Settling down

Sep314Mouse.jpg~original

Cuddling in

Sep314Mousecuddling.jpg~original

Mid-boggle :heart:

Sep314Mouseboggling.jpg~original

A sweet momma will hopefully pass on her temperament to her babies. :)
I'm glad she is settling in well.

We are going to have to have a baby pool for all the wee ones!

For anyone who believes in it, my AC friend has told me that the new girl does NOT want to be called Mouse. She's actually insulted.

So sadly another name will have to be found LOL

Mom#2 is so cute! Thank you for the pictures!

Thank you littles for the offer! I do not need a cage. I had a spare cage for the boys.

I haven't had time to play with them yet. Wish I didn't have to work :(
But I will let them out tonight. I'll take some pictures as well. They are very cute and seem to be friendly. They very much enjoyed the treats I gave them last night and this morning :)

For anyone who believes in it, my AC friend has told me that the new girl does NOT want to be called Mouse. She's actually insulted.

So sadly another name will have to be found LOL

My friend Sarah had this most amazing cat she adopted at 20 years old (her family dumped her when they were moving after having had her from a kitten) so Sarah took her in. Mouse lived til 24 years old I think? She was a wonderful cranky old gal...now the little lady knows I meant it as an honour not as a goofy name like Minnie, she's thinking about it LOL

Back