Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mild Rant: One of my pregnant girls has bit me three times now. All times drawing blood. She's being extremely territorial (though the cage is definitely large enough) and started having some strange (almost mentally ill or neurotic) behavior. She's always acted a bit odd, but never like this. I was reading over wild rat behavior in colonies and it was said that having a male with the girls usually makes them mellow out and the boy takes on being territorial. So I thought about adopting a neutered boy, then a thought hit me.

People aren't going to adopt out to me.

I could bring Czar in to be neutered but he is so calm and squishy that he doesn't need it.

So, I am just going to cross my fingers and hope she gets better after the babies are born or after they are weaned. It's just frustrating that people are prejudiced when I take care of my rats like they are my children.

Mild Rant: One of my pregnant girls has bit me three times now. All times drawing blood. She's being extremely territorial (though the cage is definitely large enough) and started having some strange (almost mentally ill or neurotic) behavior. She's always acted a bit odd, but never like this. I was reading over wild rat behavior in colonies and it was said that having a male with the girls usually makes them mellow out and the boy takes on being territorial. So I thought about adopting a neutered boy, then a thought hit me.

People aren't going to adopt out to me.

I could bring Czar in to be neutered but he is so calm and squishy that he doesn't need it.

So, I am just going to cross my fingers and hope she gets better after the babies are born or after they are weaned. It's just frustrating that people are prejudiced when I take care of my rats like they are my children.

Really? You wonder why people are prejudiced? ...knowing where those babies are going.

Karma can make your fingers bleed.
Some people are such hypocrites it just blows my mind. Not to mention the blatant and overwhelming ignorance.

The_Riddler_3.png

What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree and is very dangerous?

Am I in the dark? Lol I feel like I'm missing something...
Been a bit distracted lately.

It's the underhanded way of saying I shouldn't be able to adopt or I am not good enough to adopt because I am a feeder breeder/evil person for being a feeder breeder. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of it and some really don't like it.

It's just frustrating that people are prejudiced when I take care of my rats like they are my children.

It's the underhanded way of saying I shouldn't be able to adopt or I am not good enough to adopt because I am a feeder breeder/evil person for being a feeder breeder.

prejudice
noun
preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

I am a feeder breeder

I take care of my rats like they are my children.

infantcide

noun
the crime of killing a child within a year of birth.
the practice in some societies of killing unwanted children soon after birth.
a person who kills an infant, especially their own child

:sick2:

Your dictionary definitions are cute, but I don't wish to cause drama or play politics with you. You don't know me and I have no reason to explain myself when I have been transparent. It's 100% apparent that I am not welcome here though, your childish antics prove that.

Pretty sad when someone comes in a forum trying to talk to other rat owners and get advice but people are so one sided they can't even think about the animals beyond their own opinions of the owner.

You should talk to someone before you make a judgment as well. English isn't even my first language, but there is no way you would have known that because you don't know me.

I can see where I worded that incorrectly. I treat my adult rats like my children. All my adults are lifers with me.

Back