Zymbal's or Abscess? Heavy Heartbeat - Semi-Graphic/Yucky Photos

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. He was our (my bf and I) first rat together. I'd had a few back in the day but he'd never had one. I can still remember the day we brought him home. All he wanted to do was sit on Andy's head while Andy laid on the couch. We kept trying to get him to do his shoulder, where it was cozier, but he didn't want anything to do with that, haha. Those HUGE dumbo ears, all scrawny and nekked. His stubborness stuck and he was a very confident dude. It's hard to believe that our "stubborn old man" is really gone. Two very loved rats dead in the span of a week from two completely different issues. I really hope we have some peace for awhile because between ataxia with our other little passed away guy (Ferdinand) and then what is obviously more than likely Zymbal's with Nimh...Andy and I both have some very painful imagery and sounds burned in to our minds and hearts. In Nimh's cage, it was him, Mr Magoo (passed on this early-fall) and one of our other rats, Dill. Dill doesn't play nice with another male of ours, Fival, but he can't be alone, obviously, so it looks like we have our work cut out for us in regard to integrating Dill with Fival and his cage-mate Chunks. I feel so bad for Dill :/ He's definitely in mourning right now.

What if you got Dill a girlfriend to keep him company? (Spayed of course). Intros would probably go well and she would definitely perk him up.

Back