Zooy's Official Wedding Thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooy

Rather than make several different threads I figured I'd just start one and update. (I typed it all up and was switching tabs and clicked the x button so this is attempt #2...)
I'm getting married Sept 25th and our whole budget is $1200! So if any of you need a "how to get married cheap" this is how you do it.
Anyways... my corsages and boutenniers I made.
P8020308.jpg

P8020306.jpg

The bouquet I made
P8020004.jpg

Total cost so far (I still have to do like 2 more of each): $15
My dress was bought for me by my mom... we got a bridesmaids dress in ivory $200
WeddingDress2.jpg

WeddingDress3.jpg

My rings
WeddingBand.jpg

I'm not going to post a picture of my invites simply because I don't want anyone showing up at my wedding lol
But they were $15 before stamps, stamps were $17.

Awesome- love the colors of your flowers. The dress is beautiful- Ivory is a much kinder color than white-and will match the flowers. Smart and beautiful- your groom better appreciate you!

I totally love the colors of the flowers!
I think it's wonderful doing a wedding on a budget. I can't see any good putting yourself in dept for a wedding when it's your marriage that will need all the work.

Very nice! I think you are a trend-setter, showing how to have a lovely wedding on a budget. There will be plenty of people wanting to follow your example in the next few years. I have never seen the sense in spending a fortune on a wedding unless your heart is set on the ultra-fancy version.

Hmm why did you take away MY opportunity to be like "ZOOY AND MIKE GOT MARRIED!!! WOOT!" and you could have had a secret wedding too!

LMAO I'm kidding. I'm interested to see how it all turns out and how awesome the day is because so far, I am velly impressed! That dress makes me cry in a good way on the inside. So awesome.

Cait said:
Hmm why did you take away MY opportunity to be like "ZOOY AND MIKE GOT MARRIED!!! WOOT!" and you could have had a secret wedding too!

LMAO I'm kidding. I'm interested to see how it all turns out and how awesome the day is because so far, I am velly impressed! That dress makes me cry in a good way on the inside. So awesome.
Me... keep a secret! Ha!!!
Everyone knows I'm getting married anyways!

The flowers are all done thank god!
I think the only thing I have left to make are the favours and the cake. But thats the week of! Yay!

it's all very pretty :) the corsages and the bouquet are great colors, too bad you couldn't have made your dress too? I saw a video on youtube where they made a cute wedding dress out of irregular t-shirts :) Congrats

Very nice dress!!

I like this idea of a wedding on a budget (not for me - I don't plan on getting married); way too many people spend half their life savings on the wedding :gaah:

chicky82 said:
it's all very pretty :) the corsages and the bouquet are great colors, too bad you couldn't have made your dress too? I saw a video on youtube where they made a cute wedding dress out of irregular t-shirts :) Congrats
I had planned to get my dress made but I went searching for ideas in a bridal shop and thats when they suggested I try a bridesmaids dress so Mom and I went shopping the next day since she offered to pay for the dress.
It's not THE dress but its the one Mom loved. And I'm always willing to make her happy. THE dress cost $350 and even that was above my dress. It was actually a brides gown.

Gorgeous ! You look fantastic, I had a little idea for you, press flowers and you could varnish them to place mats etc - it looks lovely. I do this with gift tags and cards etc ! Just a passing thought !!!

xx

Long story short,
When my dad was married to his first wife, she had a daughter, Dad adopted her. BUt when they split up, his ex lost custody of her. She was put into the adoption system and was adopted.
Well Dad always thought about this girl, I found her on facebook last year and have started talking to her. Well when it came to inviting relatives, I asked Dad if I could invite her and he said yes... he hasn't seen her since she was real young. She's coming to the wedding!

I'm so nervous for both myself and my dad! But happy he gets to see her.

This is gonna be a super-special wedding, make no mistake!

That is a truly wonderful gesture, Zooy - and I hope that you wind up friends for many, many years to come!

YAY!
That's GREAT news hun!

I thought of a song for you, it's more of a joke, but, when I get married, like an actual CEREMONY! lol, i'm walking down the isle to "should I stay or should I go now" by the 'clash' I think it is!
I think tha'll be hillarious to see the looks on poeples faces!
It's such a me thing to do too.
But when you've been 'together' as long as Peter and I have, and you've got a kid together, REALLY, common!
Just a thought hun...

Back