Zithromax - Azithromycin & heart concerns..

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked out the links. It is scary, but I think for now, it's just in humans.
Contrary to popular beliefs, rat's "system" if you will doesn't even come close to ours. The fact that the labs use rats to test on is laughable because of that very issue. Vanessa, a past member listed all the things that is different between humans and rats. How some things were found safe in rats yet it greatly harmed humans.
We should take heed anyway... because we never know when or if it can affect our rats. I'm going to pay closer attention to mine when I place them on Zithro.
Thanks for the heads up Fidget!

Good to know .... I will be passing this info on to my vet
:sad3:

The risk is very low in people ... I wonder what the risk is in rats .....
and in rats that may be at risk for heart disease or with heart disease

Heart disease is very common in rats in the maritimes :sad3:

jorats said:
...Contrary to popular beliefs, rat's "system" if you will doesn't even come close to ours. The fact that the labs use rats to test on is laughable because of that very issue. Vanessa, a past member listed all the things that is different between humans and rats.......
So right! Do you have a link? Oddly I just had that conversation today with my company how testing on animals has led to so many false hopes, bad drugs, & even slowing down of real cures for humans. All while unneccesarily torturing so many just as deserving but not as powerful little spirits. Humans suck, we should test on us to benefit animals. (sorry, sometimes my mind switches from 'indoctrinated self-serving' to 'righteous')
I sure hope this azithromycin warning is just another instance of why testing on ratties is no benefit to humans and the drug is safe & beneficial for them.
But best to put a warning out if a kid has heart troubles...

Fidget said:
So right! Do you have a link? Oddly I just had that conversation today with my company how testing on animals has led to so many false hopes, bad drugs, & even slowing down of real cures for humans. All while unneccesarily torturing so many just as deserving but not as powerful little spirits. Humans suck, we should test on us to benefit animals. (sorry, sometimes my mind switches from 'indoctrinated self-serving' to 'righteous')
I sure hope this azithromycin warning is just another instance of why testing on ratties is no benefit to humans and the drug is safe & beneficial for them.
But best to put a warning out if a kid has heart troubles...

YES !!!
:thumbup:

Back