Zipper

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy! This is my rat, Zipper. I got her back in July(I only just found this website) and I think She's about 7 months old. She's Blind, and has a few kinks in her tail because her siblings picked on her when she was little. I got her with her sister(who I had named Storm), but sadly storm passed a month after I got her. Zipper is very sweet, She's just a tad bit cautious.

Attachments

• 20221113_084909.jpg
    20221113_084909.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 20221007_112945.jpg
    20221007_112945.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221113_084951.jpg
    20221113_084951.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum. She's cute! Was she already blind when you got her?

I see. Hope she'll be just fine despite her physical limitation. She's gonna need extra TLC all her life to fill what she doesn't have. Do you think she can recognize you?

Wow, that's really sweet. Is it true that rats are not so reliant on their vision as compared to their hearing? I wish this is true, so Zipper is alright even if blind.
It is true yes, rats even with the best vision they could have is still not very good. They rely on hearing and smell more and rats that are born blind(like this one) do extremely well and you wouldn't even know they're blind unless you pay really close attention, they can still run and climb and play like any other rat!

It is true yes, rats even with the best vision they could have is still not very good. They rely on hearing and smell more and rats that are born blind(like this one) do extremely well and you wouldn't even know they're blind unless you pay really close attention, they can still run and climb and play like any other rat!
Thanks Kye, I'm relieved!:) Go Zipper!

Back