Youtube Video-Man being mean to rat!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercurydust

I found this video on youtube this afternoon...OMG I want to hit this man with something blunt! Why are people purposely cruel and just plain stupid-why?!?
He openly states in the videos discription that he hates the rat and plans on breeding it. I hope he was kidding! He claims it is mean and by the way he is taunting it with an ear of corn and and being a plain jerk-yeah if I were the rat I would bite him, too. He may not openly hurt this little girl, but after seeing this it wouldn't suprise me. The poor little girl is probably hungry and neglected-poor poor baby. If people wouldn't do things like this to a puppy...then why to any other living thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7g754-cdas&NR=1

Please let this jerk know how you feel and flag the video as well. :no:

This is, rather sadly, a live feeding video.

MD, please edit your post to mention that. A lot of people do not want to click on this unexpectedly.

Anyone who feels the need to comment, please remember that we do not discuss feeding methods on this forum. But I do feel the video needs to be removed, I have flagged it.

The guy is mean and obviously a moron but it's not a video of a live feeding. Unless you consider feeding corn to a rat "live feeding".

Oh jeepers, that's what I get for not watching... figured Rat VS Corn meant Rat VS Corn Snake. Whoops!

I flagged that video as animal abuse. That guy has serious mental issues. I imagine he is a loner, and will probably turn out to be a psycho murderer. Isnt that how they start out? torturing animals?

and this reply to the video!!

mrandmrsburroughs: My three year old found this highly entertaining!

OMG :rant: :redhot: :rant: :redhot: :wallbang: :gaah: :redhot:

I think he's just playing with her. Looks like she's well enough cared for, her house (while sadly an aquarium) is clean. Looks like she's being cared for... I've got a problem with his breeding her, but I can't call him abusive or even really mean over that video. Sure seen worse. I'm not going to flag it, worst it's gonna do is encourage some neglectful idiot to give their kid a corn on the cob and give them some joy in their otherwise miserable lives.

Fidget said:
I think he's just playing with her. Looks like she's well enough cared for, her house (while sadly an aquarium) is clean. Looks like she's being cared for... I've got a problem with his breeding her, but I can't call him abusive or even really mean over that video. Sure seen worse. I'm not going to flag it, worst it's gonna do is encourage some neglectful idiot to give their kid a corn on the cob and give them some joy in their otherwise miserable lives.

I agree. I think he's just playing with her.

ryelle said:
I flagged that video as animal abuse. That guy has serious mental issues. I imagine he is a loner, and will probably turn out to be a psycho murderer. Isnt that how they start out? torturing animals?......
I think people might be going overboard demonizing this guy. I've seen people play with their dogs and a rope the same way with no evil intent, swinging them around with a rope in their teeth even and they both love each other. I'm not saying he's a good pet owner, just that this video doesn't show otherwise.

ryelle said:
I imagine he is a loner
I don't think 'loner' is any predictor of cruel or violent nature. I'm a loner. Neurotic yes but a pacifist - and abnormally respecful of critter's emotional well-beings. And who hasn't known or heard of a spinster cat lady who even if she overdoes the rescues does it from her heart and good intentions? Gurus & mystics are loners. Don't give 'loner' a bad connotation, ok?

Fidget, apart from an apple core what food do you see in the tank? I didnt see anything. There is a small empty plastic containter... is that for the water she doesnt have? Swinging an animal around is awful. The rat is obviously trying to stabalise herself by climbing on to the corn, and he just puts it back down and waits until shes half on it again. He IS TOO ROUGH with her, and he couldnt care less! Hes getting kicks out of it - that is what is wrong!

Back