Your New Years Resolutions

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ryelle said:
A silly one is:
To show my sister that i am not actually a kid anymore, and try to get her to stop referring to me and my younger brother (he is 20 in february, 2 weeks before i am 22) as "The Kids" :wallbang:

This isn't silly, but I just wanted to wish you good luck with this one. I am just about to turn 41 and both my older sisters still treat me like I'm the baby. Hopefully you are more successful than I have been.
:wink2:

I don't like to make resolutions because people so often don't stick to them, but...

I did put on a couple of pounds in December so I am going to start up with exercising and keeping track of what I eat again.
Started taking Champix on Christmas Day so I will hopefully be smoking free in the next few weeks.

Sexygreasefire said:
I think everyone says this, but, lose weight. Not much, but a little bit.
Finish my RN and get a job
Get a wedding ceremony planned

Not sure what else really!

I don't say that!! :D

Vanessa said:
ryelle said:
A silly one is:
To show my sister that i am not actually a kid anymore, and try to get her to stop referring to me and my younger brother (he is 20 in february, 2 weeks before i am 22) as "The Kids" :wallbang:

This isn't silly, but I just wanted to wish you good luck with this one. I am just about to turn 41 and both my older sisters still treat me like I'm the baby. Hopefully you are more successful than I have been.

HAHA oh damn!! I did joke to my brother the other week when my sister was home that even when we are 40 and are married off and have our own kids that she will still refer to us "the kids". She is nine years older than me, and 11 years older than my brother, and acts like our second mother :roll:

ryelle said:
Vanessa said:
ryelle said:
A silly one is:

HAHA oh damn!! I did joke to my brother the other week when my sister was home that even when we are 40 and are married off and have our own kids that she will still refer to us "the kids". She is nine years older than me, and 11 years older than my brother, and acts like our second mother :roll:

lol That's how it works. I'm 15yrs older then my sister and I still call her squirt and she's 10 goin on 11 lol She will always be squirt even when she's 30. Just how it works. :p

3 novels. This is the big challenge -- I thought it'd be fun to really push myself since I'm slacker-extraordinaire, so I'm going to aim to finish 3 rough draft novels this year

One day I will finally finish the edit on a book I started 15 years ago! I pull it out now and again and wonder "is the world ready for me yet?" LOL Maybe this will be the year!!!

lindsayfawn said:
ryelle said:
Vanessa said:
ryelle said:
A silly one is:

lol That's how it works. I'm 15yrs older then my sister and I still call her squirt and she's 10 goin on 11 lol She will always be squirt even when she's 30. Just how it works. :p

I am 18 years older than my twin brothers. They will always be my babies , and I will always care for them like a second mom. They are only 5 now , so they still like all the kisses and hugs , but in ten years , when they complain about it , I will remind them of all the cute things they did when they were little :D

Don't take it personally or the wrong way , you could be the most mature person on earth and she will still consider you the baby , it is a good thing , it just means she loves you :heart:

My goals are

- Eat healthier

- Work on my major debilitating anxiety/agoraphobia/panic attacks

- Walk a minimum of 5 km/day even on days I feel like crap because of my anxiety. On non anxiety days 5 km is nothing and I generally walk more than that... on days where I have major anxiety it seems impossible to go further than a block down to the offleash park. Today I had my first major test... massive anxiety, not enough sleep..... put I pushed through and did over 5 km!

- Try and relax more and not let things get to me

KaraY said:
Sweety, if you are only 15 I don't want you worrying about losing weight. Eat healthy (but treat yourself!), and love who you are for what you are! :hugs:

Haha, im more worried about my O levels than my weight right now.
Im so dead!!! T.T
4 years of work to be tested in less than 10 months time.

Oh man.

Back