Your New Years Resolutions

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooy

It's that time of year again, a time to reflect on the past year and set some resolutions for yourself.
I was going to post this on facebook but I'm afraid my brother will be mad when he sees part of my resolution for this year.

Zooy's Resolutions...
1) To continue my weight loss journey
2) To obtain and continue a healthy relationship with my oldest brother without feeling like everything I say is going to be taken wrong and he will disown me... again
3) Become more confident in myself
4) And have a fantastic year

Our resolutions are way too similar. Mine is to continue with my weight gain so as to reach a healthy weight, get my confidence up and try to mend the big rifts in my relationships with my family.

This year I'm turning 40 so I really need to become healthy.

1. healthy lifestyle and relationship with food.
2. exercise
3. reduce stress
4. adopt a positive attitude and not take things so seriously or personally.

No resolutions as-such from me, but I do have a few "goals" for 2010:

--3 novels. This is the big challenge -- I thought it'd be fun to really push myself since I'm slacker-extraordinaire, so I'm going to aim to finish 3 rough draft novels this year :)

--Live healthier. The boyfriend, too. Actually this is largely for his benefit because he has a lot of risk factors for diabetes and various other diseases because he was born a preemie so I want to make sure he stays healthy and if I have to do it with him....well, so be it :p

I'm all about the weight loss this year. In my first year of school I lost about 15lbs, I have since put it back on and then some...so I would really like to get back down to where I was and actually keep it off...

I would like to find out what I want to do with my life, I will graduate in May and I want to have something to do or somewhere to go when that day comes....

I don't make resolutions, but I do have a few things in mind I'd like to work on in the coming year:

My anxiety. This one is huge for me.

My rescue. I've loved every minute of being a rescue so far, and I hope to continue this attitude. I have ideas to raise more money in the coming year, and I really just have an overall goal to save more rattie lives, and find more great rattie homes.

My sewing! I've loved sewing so far, and I want to work on new hammock designs, and just practice more overall!

Sell my car.
Vacuum before february.
Get rid of some clothes and bags & boxes & containers.
Clear 8 inches of space for the lamp Gil gave me at xmas.
Quit saving everything.

I don't make Resolutions either but I have set up some challenges for myself to try and accomplish in one year.

1. Pay off my brother. He paid for my course in 2008 so I could graduate from university in July. He's the main focus first.

The rest of the list I won't complete in that order but I will try to complete it all in one year. Well some of the things both Ang and I are doing lol

2.Get new livingroom furniture
3.Get new computer
4.Get a new car
5.Start my weight loss
6.Volunteer more
7.Go to Ontario

My big challenge for this year is to go one year with out buying take out! Not even a cappichino from Tim's or popcorn at the theater. Should be an interesting challenge. Hopefully Ang can do it too!

Not really resolutions. More of what i hope to achieve in 2010.

Lose 6-8kg
Hit 170cm
Talk less
Save ~$600
Stop all the emo thinking sessions
Stop daydreaming about things that will never happen
Smile more
Act like a gonna-be-16yrold until birthday THEN act like
a 16 yr old

Get 11 points or less for my L1R5 for O levels (hopefully less)
Study more

^The 2 most important thing for year 2010 aka the year i get killed T.T
Get killed for not studying properly, that is.

Gonna be a long and gruelling 10 months to the Os and im not even halfway
prepared. ):

leily! said:
Not really resolutions. More of what i hope to achieve in 2010.

Lose 6-8kg
Hit 170cm
Talk less
Save ~$600
Stop all the emo thinking sessions
Stop daydreaming about things that will never happen
Smile more
Act like a gonna-be-16yrold until birthday THEN act like
a 16 yr old

Get 11 points or less for my L1R5 for O levels (hopefully less)
Study more

^The 2 most important thing for year 2010 aka the year i get killed T.T
Get killed for not studying properly, that is.

Gonna be a long and gruelling 10 months to the Os and im not even halfway
prepared. ):

Sweety, if you are only 15 I don't want you worrying about losing weight. Eat healthy (but treat yourself!), and love who you are for what you are! :hugs:

I only have a few.

The Real Resolution is to Get Sustainable!!! I want to be 100% sustainable by 2011.
I want to get a dental done on Phoenix.
Get control of my GGMR, well pets in general.
Get a GPA of at least 70%.

*become a healthier person with my food choices
*exercise
-those are so i can get rid of my PCOS, acid reflex, and so i'm not a border line diabetic.
-also because my boyfriend is diabetic, and even though he's skinny he needs to eat healthier as well.

*finally move out of my mom's house into my own place
*save a pitbull/amstaffie from a shelter

Goals for this year:

- Learn to drive and get a car!
- get more control of my financial situation
- Pass my first year at Uni and properly prepare for September
- Decide where i actually want my life to go - in relation to my future career and my current relationship

A silly one is:
To show my sister that i am not actually a kid anymore, and try to get her to stop referring to me and my younger brother (he is 20 in february, 2 weeks before i am 22) as "The Kids" :wallbang:

ryelle said:
Goals for this year:

- Learn to drive and get a car!
- get more control of my financial situation
- Pass my first year at Uni and properly prepare for September
- Decide where i actually want my life to go - in relation to my future career and my current relationship

A silly one is:
To show my sister that i am not actually a kid anymore, and try to get her to stop referring to me and my younger brother (he is 20 in february, 2 weeks before i am 22) as "The Kids" :wallbang:

haha learn to drive is one of mine too! It is about time I do this , I have been putting it off for ... 7 years! hehehe

1) learn to drive
2) read 20 books
3) Teach a rat to clap
4) exercise daily ( I dont need to loose weight , but I am SO out of shape!!!)

Back