Your Little Peeves in Life :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When people who don't know how to write pollute the internet with messages full of mistakes. Sometimes, it is almost impossible to read.

I am not talking about children (up to about 15 years old) who are still learning how to write. Or people writing in their second or third language. I am talking about people writing in their first language. There are no reasons to have spelling or grammatical mistakes in every word they write. The worst people are French from France. They always criticize us, French Canadians, because they believe our spoken language is often wrong but their writing is a lot worse than French Canadian writing.

People who don't know what an "accelleration lane" is. No people, it isn't a "stop till there is no traffic coming and go lane" It is an accelleration...that means speed up and merge folks! On the way to my son's work there is a lane to merge onto the highway and time and again people just stop and wait....or someone in the right lane of traffic will be honking and freaking out that you get in the lane next to them to get up to speed. Some people should take driver's ed all over again.

smallvic said:
In New York City, I can always count on someone - usually a man - to help me or anyone else to help get a heavy bag up or down the stairs to the subway. In Europe? Pfft! In fact, yesterday four men in their mid-late 20's stood by and watched me take my bags up the stairs of a bus. It was a woman my age who helped me.

ALWAYS HELP PEOPLE WITH LUGGAGE, especially if you don't have any of your own.

To be completely honest, i would be more scared of someone stealing my luggage, because the chances of someone helping to carry luggage is pretty low compared to someone 'helping' to carry luggage and then running off with it

Movies that are made from books.

I HATE these! It takes all the fun out of imagining. THEN poeple watch the movie instead of reading the book and say how great it is! Usually the movie is a total bomb in relation to the book! Gah! No one ever wants to read anymore!

And why cant they come up with their own ideas?

*sigh*

AND sequels... comon! Be creative!

Back