Your Little Peeves in Life :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dreamwarrior said:
my pee peeve is people who correct my spelling and grammar, it annoys me cause they assume i am dumb but really i have a horrible learning disability. so i guess my other pet peeve is people who judge and assume.

I have cousins who have learning disabilities (one has dyslexia and another is autistic), but I'm not talking about people who have issues but Morons who are just too lazy to pick up a dictionary and learn to spell a few words.

My one friend is smarter than me (IMHO) but can't spell worth her life, but she's slow in language (she told me after asked her about it; rather I was bugging her about it cuz I couldn't read her notes). I usually don't correct people's spelling, I just mark them as dumb until they prove otherwise. And I don't think bad of most people on the forum cuz it's the internet and to have perfect spelling/grammar on here is just being a browner...you should see me on MSN :D

I'm with jorat, my peeves are 16 and 13. They do too many things to tick me off that I can't even remember them all. I don't believe they ever learned how to turn ANYTHING off.

Came up with another one.

It seems phone manners have gone by the wayside. I work at reception at a real estate office and you might be surprised how many people don't have enough time or politeness to say goodbye on the phone. ARG

Also waiting until I have finished what I have to say on the phone instead of interrupting me.

Morons in general. (Employee tried to get in a door with their ID badge and it didn't work, try holding badges barcode to the card reader) The door opened (future Drs scare me).

LA said:
Came up with another one.

It seems phone manners have gone by the wayside. I work at reception at a real estate office and you might be surprised how many people don't have enough time or politeness to say goodbye on the phone. ARG

Also waiting until I have finished what I have to say on the phone instead of interrupting me.

lack of manners, politeness and pure ignorace at any time really PEE'S me off. My boyfriend has no manners. He never says thank you, or please, and my mother goes ballistic at him about it. I also think the word 'sorry' is not in his vocabulary aswell.

pfft

Stupid tourists. People going to a different country and becoming upset because things are not happening the same way as home.

For instance, some tourists in Puerto Rico were rude to Puerto Ricans who didn't speak English. Puerto Ricans are spanish. WTF??? Those Puerto Ricans are in their country, we go there and expect them all to be bilingual???

Personnally I really enjoyed trying to communicate with those people who didn't speak a lot of English. They tried their best with their limited knowledge of English. Great people. A lot of them speak good English anyway.

Another example is the food. If those tourists don't like the food in foreign countries, then they should stay home. Food is not the same everywhere.

If people don't like differences in other countries, then why are they going there? The main reason why I travel is to see the differences in other countries. Different culture, different people and I enjoy seeing that.

I try as much as possible to find places where we see the people from this place, not just a whole bunch of stupid tourists.

Another stupid thing tourists do: take pictures of local people then being offended if those people didn't appreciate being photographed. Where do those tourists think they are? In a zoo where they can take pictures of the animals living there? Duh!

Fidget said:
This'll get me no sympathy I know but my alltime biggest one is
- People saying to me "Oh! You're so skinny!" I weigh 75 lbs and have to work to keep weight on as some do to keep it off, people should understand that hurts as much as someone saying "Oh! You're so fat" to someone who's trying to lose weight
I couldn't have said it better myself, though I do weigh a bit more (barely over 100lbs). I am sick, I would love to weigh more! I eat a lot of very high calorie food, and all I manage is to maintain my weight.

Also, people who don't respect that I am an individual and am therefore entitled to opinions too piss me off. Just because you think it is right doesn't mean I have to too.

Pink

The secretaries in my office! Why do they not care how things look? When I pull up a document that will be filed with the court and sent to other counsel is not properly formatted with 1 inch margins and justified really ticks me off. Take some pride in your work :gaah:

When my parents tell me to plug in the laptop when im done with it but they dont do the same!! EVERYTIME I turn on the laptop its DEAD. No battery whatso ever!!!!!!

Oh, and STUPID DRIVERS!! Like today I'm in the car with my dad and this lady is coming out of a highway exit and cross the first half of the street and onto ours and then she SLOWS DOWN on a FAST MOVING STREET. I mean come on!! When you drive onto a street moving that fast, you SPEED UP and go with the traffic!! Not slow down!! I meen wtf!!!

Christie said:
When my parents tell me to plug in the laptop when im done with it but they dont do the same!! EVERYTIME I turn on the laptop its DEAD. No battery whatso ever!!!!!!

Oh, and STUPID DRIVERS!! Like today I'm in the car with my dad and this lady is coming out of a highway exit and cross the first half of the street and onto ours and then she SLOWS DOWN on a FAST MOVING STREET. I mean come on!! When you drive onto a street moving that fast, you SPEED UP and go with the traffic!! Not slow down!! I meen wtf!!!
LOl you were driving on the street with me. I'm a new driver and try not to do it but sometimes its overwhelming. Mostly it happens when I'm trying to change lanes.

People who used to be very good friends who, through circumstance and history, have drifted away but refuse to admit that the relationship has changed in any way and instead of working on starting over or just letting go keep making plans that they don't intend to keep and blame you for everything that's wrong in their life when it's very CLEARLY their fault and all you're trying to do is help :redhot:

Ahem...I mean....

people who sit naked on leather couches. i don't even know how this became a pet peeve of mine, because i don't recall it ever happening, but it is.

i think that's it.

Back