Your Little Peeves in Life :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Stick deodorants who crumble and fall into the sink when you are in a hurry! Then you scoop up the bits and try to mash them back into a solid you could use...doesn't work so you end up scraping your armpits raw with the plastic trying to get that little bit left... (this morning) :lol:

What are some of yours? :wink2:

MY BOYFRIEND!!! - he does a lot of things that pee me off, but there was a torrential downpoar about an hour ago, and he stood in the kitchen and watched and didnt even get the washing in. I had to run outside twice to get the washing in and i got drenched ><

My main one... being tired. I hate being tired. Being tired means I havent slept well, and I hate not sleeping well. I get grouchy when im tired, and I hate people talking to me when im grouchy, because i snap at them, and then my day is just a failure lol.

p.s..im glad ive never seen deodorant like yours XD

Keys!!!!

1) dropping my house key when I try to open the door and it just won't cooperate

2) can't find my keys when I am in a rush to go to work in the morning, once I had to take my spare set

3) forget my work key to open my room and having to ask someone if I can borrow their key

4) when my colleagues keeps losing her key and keeps asking me for mine when I am working at the computer preparing something important

5) the fact that my sister-in-law takes forever to give me my keys back after I come back from a trip, when she thinks about it, she's not at home and when she's at home, she doesn't think about it

6) trying to find my car keys in my purse when it is pooring rain outside and of course, when I find them and try to open the door at distance, the dawn thing doesn't work and I can't open it by hand because the alarm is on and will ring

7) when I leave my keys in my room at work but leave the room to do some stuff somewhere else, since I always keep my door locked open (policy at my work place), then I can't get back into the room

Today's peeve was a pointless meeting at an ungodly hour where we got NOTHING done or decided.

MEH! I don't like getting up early for no good reason.

When the boys leave every single light on in the house for no reason.

Containers being put back in the fridge empty.

Mike's inability to take one q-tip out of the box. When he goes for one he manages to knock like 7 into the sink, and then he doesn't do anything about it!!

All these things go back to the males in my life. LOL

:soapbox: A rant from your friendly neighbourhood garbage lady....

I think right now my biggest peeve is the big lie about recycling! Everyone in the world claims to care about recyling but nobody really does. It's such a big joke. I come home exhausted every day because I spend my whole day at work chasing around/cleaning up after the morons who refuse or can't figure out how to do it!! Throwing garbage in a recycling bin can contaminate a whole truck load of recyclables so that everything ends up in the garbage!! We've had entire tractor trailer loads of glass get sent to the dump because there is too much ceramic in it.

Having to dig through maggots and have clouds of flies and wasps buzzing around you because people won't rinse their containers is no day at the picnic either!

And then at home I walk my dog past blue bins on garbage day and every single bin has at least one piece of garbage in it!! After 20 years the public here in Ontario still can't or won't do it right. Whenever someone claims to be "environmentally friendly" I just cringe because I know that what it really means is "I throw all kinds of **** in my blue bin because I'm a freaking idiot!"

jorats said:
I have two pet peeves... one is 18 and the other is almost 20. :wallbang:

ROTFLMAO :laugh4:

Hmmm at the moment:
1. People who just walk up and start touching your belly because you are pregnant. HELLO did you ask first? No! then bug off.
2. We have a key box at work that one agent puts his commercial listing keys in. People come in and sign them out. Well when he takes them out when he comes back he throws them at me to put them away. Dude, put your own keys back!!!
3. People at work who yell up to me down the hall before they think to see if I'm on the phone, I'm at reception, you should always assume I'm on the phone or with someone at the front.
4. Wayne leaving the cupboard doors open all the time *sigh*
5. Broken hands at work in the form of not putting a new roll of toilet paper on the holder in the bathroom.
6. Starting a new roll of toilet paper when there is some still on the holder (this again at work)
7. Childishness at work

I love my coworkers but sometimes I want to toss them through the window!!!

LA said:
1. People who just walk up and start touching your belly because you are pregnant. HELLO did you ask first? No! then bug off.

:laugh4: I will so touch your belly when I see you next.

Driving!!!!

People NOT paying attention to what they are doing while driving -- in particular, today, on my way to work I saw someone FOLDING THEIR LAUNDRY (heh bra and everything too!) as they were driving. I dont know how this was done... But comon! Fold your laundry at home!

Also when a lane is ending and there is someone in the lane that is ending, you slow to allow them in and they dont come in, dont merge, dont merge and your like... ok whats going on? and then finally they merge at the very last second before fall off the road.

GAH! Driving really peeves me off!

This'll get me no sympathy I know but my alltime biggest one is
- being busy and still rolling a decent smoke and then being unable to find a lighter. :rant:

Others -
- People spitting on the sidewalk
- "know what I'm sayin'" Why not just make an effort to say it intelligibly instead of checking after every sentence if you're not even sure you did?
- People saying to me "Oh! You're so skinny!" I weigh 75 lbs and have to work to keep weight on as some do to keep it off, people should understand that hurts as much as someone saying "Oh! You're so fat" to someone who's trying to lose weight
- Sports going overtime into my TV show.
- Finally finding a lipstick I like, and it's no longer made when I'm ready for a new one.
- pennies
- TV shows going nuts to find out Michael Jackson's kids natural parentage - like any kid they should have the right to choose for themselves if they want to know or not.
- the smell of Pinesol or feta cheese.
- my neighbour's dog freaks out if he leaves her, she won't eat or drink water, she just paces & howls & cries. He says "she'd probably die without me". So why doesn't he get her some anxiety training??? People that let their pet suffer so they can feel needed?
- Dr. Phil, Dr. Drew, Judge Judy, Woody Allen (Pet Hates - Michael Vicks, OJ, Phil Spector).
- 2 for 1 sales where just 1 costs regular price. 'Family size only' prices on perishables. Sale items in 'special' places, not in their regular aisle.
- people who don't know when to quit when Pet Peeves are brought up. People who confuse rants with peeves. :gaah:
:oops:

Sports going into my tv show! YES! Or news coverage going into my TV shows. Omg the caucus always starts in Iowa, so on an election year GOOD LUCK trying to watch Grey's Anatomy! GRR!

Also, I am a belly toucher, but at least I ask. Although if I know the person really well I just do it. *is bad*

LA said:
That's a no-no???? Excuse me, it's not up to you any more, it's no longer your body, it's no longer about you or your wishes or desires. Baby's ruling the roost now, claiming the nest, directing the traffic. You can have your body back when baby is done with it. Until then you are just a display stand, a picture frame, an egg carton.
I understand, I was pregnant twice. But I speak the truth. Lol. Enjoy the attention, once baby is born you are simply the UFO that brought the amazing alien, the oyster that the pearl came from, the box that held the ring.
How are you gonna pull off righteous indignation when you've just been face-sprayed with pee or have spit-up in your hair? The patting of the belly is just training. :laugh4:

When your really tired, you hop into bed, lie there in the dark , its all quiet so you close your eyes.....and all of the sudden your nose starts to whistle!

Maple said:
When your really tired, you hop into bed, lie there in the dark , its all quiet so you close your eyes.....and all of the sudden your nose starts to whistle!

that is defiantly one of mine!

or when you are really tierd and get ready for bed and then lie down in the dark but then 5 mins later you are still staring at the clock saying "why have you not fallen asleep yet?"

Back