Your favorite Disney Movie? As a kid? Now?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast...

and now, Lion King 1 1/2, if you haven't seen it I die everytime.

Favourite movie in general as a child... ET, I watched it 3 times a day for 2 years... after those 2 years it disappeared... wonder why.

The Emperor's New Groove was such a cute movie. My aunt, sister and I watched it a million times when it came out. :giggle:

Haha, Brittany quoted the first Lion King, and i knew all of the second one. :giggle:

1 1/2 IS HILARIOUS, ZOOY! :laugh4: i love that one too.

the jungle book is one of my all time favorite kids book along with rikki tikki tavi

love all disney movies pretty much esp any ones with rats in them.

lol i can still sing all the songs from the lion king!

Catibrie said:
:yikes: :eek:mg2: never seen the Jungle Book?!?!?!?
I saw it when I was young - it was in theaters then.... I laughed, sang along, cried...... and then I did it again when I watched it with my niece years later

Lion King is my favourite of the classics now a days most Disney movies aren't that great but I liked the first Lilo and Stitch a lot even though that was several years ago. :)

*edit* And og my gawd Aladdin! (sp?)

watching the lion king the other day, the preveiw was like

"Coming soon.. in summer 1995"

I was like :shock:
I'm so old...
hahah.

but honestly, it doesn't seem like THAT long ago that i was a little kid..

I think my fav Disney song besides "Bear Necessities" and "Under the Sea" is "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty.

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream, I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam, yes I know it's true, that visions are seldom all they seem, but if I know you, I know what you'll do, you'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream"

Simple and easy, just rinse and repeat. My kind of little kid song!

Sleeping Beauty is kind of an odd one, as you don't even see the title character very much at all! She's there, she's singing, she's crying, she's pricked, she's asleep, and then she dances again. That's it. LMAO

My absolute favorite Disney movies, both as a kid and now, are: Snow White, 101 Dalmatians, The Lion King, Pinocchio, The Goofy Movie, Tarzan, The Great Mouse Detective and The Rescuers Down Under...no particular order :)

As a child...hm...

I liked 'The Lion King' however, a lot of the movie scared me as a child. I don't really remember my favorite movies as a child, just favorite characters.

I know one of my first crushes as a little kid, was Lumiere, from 'The Beauty and the Beast' LOL. I also loved Zazu, the Hornbill form 'The Lion King'.

However, my favorite Disney movies now are the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' trilogy, 'The Lion King', 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame'[highly underrated, if you ask me] and 'Lilo and Stitch'.

:)

Dammit! I knew I forgot one! Hunchback of Notre Dame was, and still is one of my favorite Disney movies...even though it completly trashed the book :wink2:

Cait said:
I think my fav Disney song besides "Bear Necessities" and "Under the Sea" is "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty.

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream, I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam, yes I know it's true, that visions are seldom all they seem, but if I know you, I know what you'll do, you'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream"

Simple and easy, just rinse and repeat. My kind of little kid song!

haha, i have that song on my disney itunes playlist. glad i'm not the only one who knows the words :thumbup:

Peter Pan. Is that a Disney movie? The rest of them have all proven to be not true over my years, but I still believe in Peter Pan. And Tinkerbelle is the best - IF you believe in her she exists, if you cease to believe in her she ceases to exist. That's not fantasy, that's reality.

Peter Pan is a Disney movie. :D Also one of my favs... Does no one remember that Tinkerbell was a freakin' heifer?? Now she's got her own movies and her own franchise, where she's all sweet and nice. She was a little witch in Peter Pan!!!

Yeah she seemed like a jealous mate, eh? I didn't say I liked her but I did say I could believe in her, lol.

I love this post :D I love Disney, especially old Disney stuff.

I NEED to go fish out my Video's and watch them tonight. Friday night in with some junk food, few bottles of beer and some good old Disney :D :heart:

My Nana bought us a VCR player and Lady and the Tramp. It was the first video we ever owned and it was like gold :heart:

I can't say what my favourite is, because i love so many... but ones i remember watching over and over are...

Lady and the Tramp
Jungle book (Tarah.. i wouldnt kill you... i want to force you to watch it now LOL)
The Rescuers down under
Little Mermaid
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

ahh so many i cant remember!!

I only ever saw Lion King once. It was too expensive to buy but my friend had it. She also had Beauty and the Beast and she knew every single word to that video and would sing and dance to the songs lol!

Back