Youngins and intros:

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRatQueen

I might be getting some babies (yay! Who doesn't love babies!) And I am planning on introing them to a 7 month old and a (an approximate) 26 month old.

I know that I have to wait until they are 10 weeks of age to intro.

Should I be concerned about anything else in general? I hope these go smoothly, I tried to intro 10-12 weeks old before and it was a bomb. So, I'm trying to do extra prep. this time around.

Thanks!

Hehe, I use that "wait until babies are big enough" time to mix the beejebus of their scents. I constantly swap hammocks/fleece/toys. Every night the babies get an hour playtime inside the adults cage while the adults get tabletop time with the baby cage - no way they all could fit in that dinky thing, but they'd have fun climbing in and out of it.

And when the babies get a little bigger (but still not big enough), they get very supervised out time with the adults - usually I keep them on my lap and let the bigguns come over and investigate.

I have found a very fine line of when they are still ok with babies with boys, once you get past 12 weeks, they seem to be a little harder.

Back