Young adult w respiratory infection!!! Pls help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikolais!!

Hello!!! I am new to this forum. I have three rats, all of about 8 months of age (I've had them for 7 mo). One of my girls has been sneezing all day, for the past week. I'm pretty sure she has a respiratory infection I've been keeping her and her sisters cage clean consistently, and making sure we have decent air flow through my bedroom. How can i help her?

(This is her and her sisters in their holding cage while i clean their big one. She's the light grey one.)

Attachments

• IMG_20220215_120517147.jpg
    IMG_20220215_120517147.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 57
if the only symptom is sneezing it might be worth trying baby benadryl first - i have a couple of girls who have been sneezing non stop the last week too but I'm going to try allergy medicine before using antibiotics because they'll develop antibiotic resistance.

if the only symptom is sneezing it might be worth trying baby benadryl first - i have a couple of girls who have been sneezing non stop the last week too but I'm going to try allergy medicine before using antibiotics because they'll develop antibiotic resistance.
Rats lifespans are too short to worry about that

Do you know how many mg is safe to give them? As of right now, they all three have the infection. Sneezing, and their breathing is whistle-y.

Back