You wouldn't believe it

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little_Vixen

Okay so I got hit with bronchitis and was on Doxy for a week. Bout 2 days before I was supposed to be off of it, I started getting sick again.

I'm actually going in after I get this lil guy back in it's box for naptime to see what I've got this time. A friend got diagnosed with strep yesterday. Sigh.

So... went outside 3 days ago... KITTENS. 3 or 4 week old kittens. In our backyard. Tiny, cute, grey and white kittens.

Roomies friend took one of them even though I kept saying no, they probably aren't weaned. The one he took is already eating and drinking regular catfood and whatnot so that's good.

We put the other kittens back and momma came back and took one of them. The local cat rescue told me to try to get ahold of them if they didn't take the kittens in 24 hours.

Well... Momma left one kitten. The one that is currently in my lap nursing on a bottle.

it seems one thing after another o_O I mean I planned on fostering and volunteering for local rescues and the shelter in the next few years, but why are animals plopping in my lap now? We just had two baby orphanned bunnies come through our house via my roomie (the burrow gor destroyed) who didn't make it, but it's definitely poking at that whole 'maybe you should foster' thing in me.

I am hoping/not hoping that the kitten is male. I'm allergic to male cats so even if I should get attached (which I haven't actually yet), I wouldn't be able to keep it. But I haven't had any reactions yet.

Without anything further...

Meet Little Kitten:
2ypm7fa.jpg

2nqgtqh.jpg

Apparently you can't really tell if they are male or female until they are about 2 or 3 months when the testes drop on boys :eyebulge:

I'm frustrated though because I have to be here every 3-4 hours to feed the kitten and guess what? Got another sinus infection on it's way (sigh) and so... yet again... I haven't spent as much time as I'd like with the boys(rats).

Need a new water bottle for Flux's cage, but luckily he is happy with the attention he gets. We play tag.

Kitten is now sleeping so maybe I can sneak Goliath out for some out time. Hmmm...

Back