Yet another superpet cage...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
I had to pull Cande out of the big colony because she was basically being terrorized by Julia and Blue. This makes me really sad, I know that if Sophie was still with us, Cande would be protected. Her sister never left her side and always kept her safe. I'm sure Cande must miss her sister a lot since the bullies have been after her. Nessie has lost her she-devil status and in fact has become the victim. Kind of serves her right but I don't like seeing her running for her life, so I pulled her out and put her with Cande. Today, I decided to go around to a few pet store to see if they have any cages suitable for these two girls. I was very surprised to see this superpet cages at one of the very small independent pet stores in a neighboring town. It's 40x18x20 with two levels it also has a small stand but I'm keeping the cage on top of the two FNs. When I put both girls in the new cage, they literally started to popcorn from one end to the other.
[schild=39,1,000000,C0C0C0:1uwitybd]It's a keeper!![/schild:1uwitybd]

cage-1.jpg

I am surprised that those little babies would bully poor Cande.....naughty girls. :wink2:
That cage looks great. I am sure they will be very happy in their new home. A place just for them.....

Looks like it is probably one of their guinea pig cages. Perfect for your two girls.

I find it hard to believe that Nessie has become the victim. Poor evil girlie. :heart:

Looks great Jo. I'm sure your girls are very happy to have a place all to themselves. Is that a Guinea Pig cage or was it made for rats? or ferrets?

I've seen that cage.... it looks WONDERFUL! I'm sure your girls will looooove it (and look like they already do :nod: )

sarunia

Ratlover101 said:
Looks great Jo. I'm sure your girls are very happy to have a place all to themselves. Is that a Guinea Pig cage or was it made for rats? or ferrets?

I think it's for guinea pigs but not sure, can guinea pigs climb ramps?

I think I've seen it over by the bunny cages at my pet store...... `jhems <--Slava says hi :happydance: he's lovin' bein' on the desk tonight!!

Yep guinea pigs can climb ramps-those chubby little monkeys can really book it when they feel motivated enough! I am glad to see this cage with actual rats in it-I was looking at it on the superpet website and it is so hard to judge size on any site. The cage looks a lot bigger than I thought-Lily lives in something about half as big as that but the same shape and it makes me sad every day too see her in there-I so wish she could live with the other girls! :( I think the best cagemate for her would be an adult nuetered male, she needs a big handsome frizzy manrat her life....she is dealing with the mid life crisis issues right now!

Poor Lily, is she young? Some rats just don't seem to understand the concept of getting along but then, you find them that perfect mate and it's a great bond. I hope you can find her that manrat she needs.

Lily is about 15 months old....maybe a little less. She just doesn't enjoy being in an enclosed area with the other girls. During out time everything is great-but in a cage together with the other two she becomes very mean and attacks the others. I know squabbles are normal but she just got plain viscious so I did what I thought was best for everyone. I just wuvs her so much-lately she has become so cuddly with us. I will try caging her with Lucy and Cordi when those girls are fully grown....but I am still on a manrat hunt. :cheeky:

Back