YAY Successful Intro

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

OK, so I know I have rushed things. But I have had the two cages beside each other and since I have wednesdays off I thought I would introduce them tonight. So we got out our old comforter and put it on the bed. Got some baby food. Put some vanilla on the girls and put them on the bed. Well all I have to say is what an uneventful intro. They nosed around for a bit, sniffed each other, licked, sniffed ends and walked around. We had them out for an hour and the only thing that really happened is that I guess Hazel was in heat and Lily kept attempted to mount her. Well after a while Ruby and Lily jumped up to my shoulder and cuddled.

We cleaned out the big cage and put them in to see what would happen. All went really well but Lily really started to bother Hazel by mounting her. It got to the point where Hazel started to kick Lily. So I took her out and they are now in their respective cages.

I am very pleased with what went on. We will take them out tomorrow and see what happens, but I am very positive. YAY...

Sounds like a very good and easy intro as well. When it goes good like that, you can definitely rush ahead. Those ninja kicks and mounting is quite normal, they probably would have settled their differences if you had left them in the cage together.
Yay for good intros!!

I'm working on a couple of my own. But gotta take it slower... boys. :roll:

LA said:
OK, so I know I have rushed things. But I have had the two cages beside each other and since I have wednesdays off I thought I would introduce them tonight. So we got out our old comforter and put it on the bed. Got some baby food. Put some vanilla on the girls and put them on the bed. Well all I have to say is what an uneventful intro. They nosed around for a bit, sniffed each other, licked, sniffed ends and walked around. We had them out for an hour and the only thing that really happened is that I guess Hazel was in heat and Lily kept attempted to mount her. Well after a while Ruby and Lily jumped up to my shoulder and cuddled.

We cleaned out the big cage and put them in to see what would happen. All went really well but Lily really started to bother Hazel by mounting her. It got to the point where Hazel started to kick Lily. So I took her out and they are now in their respective cages.

I am very pleased with what went on. We will take them out tomorrow and see what happens, but I am very positive. YAY...

AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! It cracks me up when they start kicking at each other. Ben and Jerry used to karate kick at each other and it was so funny.

I think that kick was the only language which Ben was willing to understand from his brother. A rat boot in the chops... that'll do it! :D

Sounds really positve! I hope it goes that easy for you. I think he positive expectation has a lot of influence on the kids.I used to bring home a new kid, intro to each existing kid 5 minutes and put the lot together. Never a problem. I did this for years!

I didn't know there could be a problem til I read about it. Then no new kids fit in with existing kids :shock:
So I'm a firm believer in my state of mind is gonna influence theirs.
Every time I'm watching & nervous there's trouble. My 2 who've wanted to kill each other were sitting comfortably separated only by the wall of a rat-cabin when I woke up after monitoring & stressing til I fell asleep.

Sounds like things are going well. I'm kinda partial to loving this since I'm doing intro too.
Howzit today

Sorry I have had a really busy day off (HAHA always seems to happen). I do have pictures but it's late and I want to go to bed so I will post them tomorrow.

So I took Jo's advice and put Lily back in the cage with them and she and Hazel went at it for a while. Lily kept putting Hazel on her back. No other problems though. Ruby just sat up a level and watched the show.

Tonight Lily got Hazel on her back and Hazel groomed her... They seem more calm and happy. So I am happy.

Also last night we had Bruxes all round on the bed after they met, even quiet Ruby had some happiness to tell us. It was great.

My kids aren't all peaceful yet, but they're acting out, not injuring. And if the kids are cool wiht that then so am I. :)
Hope tomorrow is even better than today!

Well they were all sleeping together in their bed this morning so it can't be all bad. I think Lily and Hazel might always have their scuffles.

Those scuffles are normal and might even be part of playing. If you see them sleeping together, that's a good indication that all is well in ratland. :wink:

Yayyy LA, it's all good. I'm seeing a few scuffles in the new colony too, but no blood or squeaks and they all play together and sleep together. Jonah has already picked his two girls. lol

sorry for :threadjacked:

That's awesome Mamarat (you can thread jack anytime).

Moon that's not good, I hope things go better.

Back