YAY! Found the potentially perfect level cover

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

I say potential because I have yet to actually "install" it into the cage yet...

But I think it will work! The fabric section in our Wal Mart (I know... but rural Missouri choices are limited) is right by the automotive section, and they had those plastic floor mats for your car, and they have the cleat like things on the bottom to hold them in place. I found one that was pretty small (also thin... I may regret that later...) and perfect for the little shelf in the boy's cage. It's a wire paint roller deal, so it's not exactly rat foot friendly. Usually it's covered with fleece, but it falls off and the boys sit on it anyway. I think this mat may work out to my advantage. I can cable tie (I LOVE THOSE THINGS!) it to the wire of the level, and then put fleece over that as it has a non-slip surface. I'll let you guys know how that goes...

It always seems that when I want to be creative it causes me more issues than it solves, but we shall see!

Oo, I also picked up some UBER CUTE jungle animal print material I am going to sew into a cage set as well as some bright orange stuff that is really fun looking. Yay!

It works! :D I have it on there, and I didn't even have to cable tie it, the little pokies on the bottom hold on to the wire of the shelf really well.

Keeping fleece on it is a bit difficult, but I am thinking I can just leave it bare or try making a little fleece pocket deal to fit on it.

I made the hammie and the tube; they're cute but I made the hammie too small. :oops: It fits either Denny or the two little bubs together, but definatly not all three. :lol: Plus I got these Link deals from the baby section and I think they're wonderful, but the boys don't seem to share my enthusiasm... They just like their stuffed mousey more. :p

Okey dokey! The pics didn't turn out the best but at least they turned out.

Cage now. I think it works even though they only spend about 6 hours in it over a 24 hour period. *rolls eyes*

IMG_6929.jpg

Door open
IMG_6929.jpg

Here's the mat thing after I cut it.

IMG_6926.jpg

Fixed to the shelf (plus I cable tied the one corner so it's not sagging like it was. Much better now!)

IMG_6927.jpg

Here's the hammock, which is really simple, but I figure they're going to tear it up anyway I don't need grommets.

The pattern is so cute!

IMG_6928.jpg

I love it, too. It's sooo cute. Little jungle animals. Plus it goes with the "baby" theme of their cage... LOL Most of their toys are infant toys.

Back