YAY a new rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

For those who can't read the other forum. I am taking in a new rat. A poster named Michelle there has three rats and one cat. Her three daughters have developed very bad allergies to the cat and the rats. So she has to get rid of them.

I am taking Jack, her dumbo, um not sure what she is (masked I think). And my parents have offered to take her cat (still waiting for confirmation on that). For anyone else she lives in the Barrie area and she has two platinum Dumbos which are about 15 months old. If anyone is interested in these two let me know and I will get you in contact with her (if you can't yourself). With the platinums comes the cage (as I don't need one).

Here is a pic of Jack.
t_jack_210Small.jpg

I am so looking forward to taking this sweetie in. I am picking her up on Wednesday.

Now my question is this. She's been with this family since the beginning how do I go about quarentining. Now hasn't she technically been quarentined as she is not sick and lived at this house forever. I know how to do the introductions and all. But if anyone can help me out with this, I lack knowledge in this area...

Oh yeah she should get along with Ruby and Hazel, she doesn't use the wheel at all. :rofl4:

She IS a cutie.

I'm really not sure on QT protocol in this situation. I'll wait for the experts to answer that.

She's adorable!! What a find! She looks like a boy I had once, Wonky. :D Love her name, too. Jack is very original for a girl. :D

I just noticed your question...lol

If you have a spare room, that would be the best place to keep her there for a couple of weeks. If she's sick it may show up especially since she will be stressed with the move and the new home. After two weeks, it should be safe to start your intros.

Back