Will they ever get along?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, theyve been in Cleo's bigger (the cage i homemade) cage for 20 minutes now, they only fight when cleo wants to go by violet, I think violet tells her she doesn't wanna play, AND they fight over where to sleep, or if cleo goes by violet in a box, or whatnot or while she has food. The big cage is not the cage I can have them in when I move out, so I don't know what to do, gah. I didn't think it would take months for them to be civil.

So, epic fail. Because of life, and maybe depression? I don't know, i don't do much but clean and watch tv and go to my measly part-time job, while preparing to be homeless in two weeks, i haven't put cleo and violet together in a couple weeks. oops! they still get along the same, but i dont think theyre ready to live together in the small cage, because cleo is too annoying lol. Darn it. I don't know what to do exactly. I really need a ferret nation, just one cage that I can seperate both or make it one big cage, easier to keep at my aunts because it's one cage and not two. I'm hoping I can still get the school tax credit on taxes this year, but that wont help now, and I think it expired last year anyway. Anyone want to trade a saltwater tank for a ferret/critter nation in great shape? I really need one. Craigslist and the freecycle and such i haven't seen one, I live in Central WI. I was hoping to be able to convince someone in my family to get me one for my birthday (jan 9th) or christmas, but alas it didn't happen.

any ideas?

I think a Critter Nation might be overkill for your two little girl. Specially if you are going to be homeless, it's a very big cage. Even a decent new cage like the Rat Manor might be the change the two girls need to accept each other as room mates. Might be worth a try and if it doesn't work out, bring the cage back to the store. Be sure to keep the box and receipt. I've done that on occasion.

Overkill works for me. Cleo needs a lot if space. I do plan to get more I. The future. And the cage is not going to be homeless with me my rats go to my aunts house. I already have a 4 ft tall cage I made myself years ago, but it's rusty and falling apart. It is the one Cleo is in, violet is in a super pet guinea pig cage size cage.

Yeah I think it would work. Violet likes exploring at night, and Cleo is so hyper she needs a lot if space, it's big enough even that now they could be together if I'd watch because of the space in it, it's a bit wider both ways than my homemade cage so easier to hide.

Ugh, Cleo is such a pest, hardly leaves violet alone, hopping on her, flipping her over, grabbing her tail, chasing. Violet won't come out to explore the hallway cuz Cleo won't leave her be.

ubavy8e6.jpg

I think so too. But it's just not in the cards we move this weekend. If I could get one free is consider it but they're $10 to adopt from a decent person here. If I could just get another super pet guinea pig cage, put Cleo and friend in it on top of violets cage that would be easier for my aunt. I just need money, ugh! Job market sucks here, living in my car when it's double digit negatives with my dog isn't my favorite thing to do.

Back