Will they ever get along?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sarume8e.jpg
here is Cleo and I! Both girls are on me now so Cleo is
yty8a8us.jpg

She likes to sit still and hide by my arm when violet is close lol. A lot of times she buries her head between it and my side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think going to keep them in the play pool for as long as I feel comfortable and no one hops out. Cleo is hiding cuz Vi keeps chasing her around.

jorats said:
Awww. Good sigh that both are you on though and no issues.

There was a few squabbles. Especiallyy in the pocket my legs make when I sit Indian style, again I think it's violet claiming everything as hers.

I just quickly read through your thread, and I agree with when Jorats said to get her a friend the same age.
I did the same with my cat - she and her brother lived together for 13 years. We had to euthanize him last year, and she missed him terribly. I got two kittens (brothers!) and it has worked out wonderfully. They play and chase and crash and bang, and then when they're ready for a snooze they curl up with her and keep her company. It's the best of both worlds, old Bonnie cat would agree. :)

Joanne said:
I just quickly read through your thread, and I agree with when Jorats said to get her a friend the same age.
I did the same with my cat - she and her brother lived together for 13 years. We had to euthanize him last year, and she missed him terribly. I got two kittens (brothers!) and it has worked out wonderfully. They play and chase and crash and bang, and then when they're ready for a snooze they curl up with her and keep her company. It's the best of both worlds, old Bonnie cat would agree. :)

I'd like to but I just don't have the money right now, and then it would be another 2 annoying Violet, and another rat to know the smell of, plus i don't think im comfortable with 3 rats in my cage size. =\

I am currently sitting in my small hallway. I found its a greaaaaaat place for rattie outtime. I don't have to watch watch and the dog can't be annoying.
Playing with Cleo, it's so cute. I 'attack' her with my fingers and she pretend bites me and whips around. Violet is exploring, she's walking funny, so I'm thinking her injury on her foot is not 100% healed yet. She walks on it but doesn't walk the same as cleo, maybe it's because she's fatter.

It's really good that you can still have them out together. Violet might very well become used to her. Violet might also start to waddle due to her advanced age.

Yeah, there are still squabbles over everything that could possibly territory and if Cleo wants to e by violet but no injuries and they only last like one second and Cleo runs away. The hallway is my new favorite place, it's easy. I'm hoping soon maybe violet will be okay with Cleo by her stuff, or by her and maybe Cleo will only play with me. She'll grow out of playing probably, I never remember violet playing or her sister. It still is so darn cute, pretend biting me haha.

tulipgirl said:
IViolet is exploring, she's walking funny, so I'm thinking her injury on her foot is not 100% healed yet. She walks on it but doesn't walk the same as cleo, maybe it's because she's fatter.
Pretty well all my rats that have reached an 'advanced age' get HED (Hind End Degeneration) to some degree. Some just shuffle, but I have had others that got to the point where they couldn't use their back legs and had to drag themselves around with their front feet. Right now my 37 1/2 month old Sabrina walks on her heels and shuffles. But hey, you don't see many 90 year olds bippitty bopping down the street either! LOL

Joanne said:
tulipgirl said:
IViolet is exploring, she's walking funny, so I'm thinking her injury on her foot is not 100% healed yet. She walks on it but doesn't walk the same as cleo, maybe it's because she's fatter.
Pretty well all my rats that have reached an 'advanced age' get HED (Hind End Degeneration) to some degree. Some just shuffle, but I have had others that got to the point where they couldn't use their back legs and had to drag themselves around with their front feet. Right now my 37 1/2 month old Sabrina walks on her heels and shuffles. But hey, you don't see many 90 year olds bippitty bopping down the street either! LOL

She sort of walks like pregnant humans walk, it isn't super strange, I still think her leg maybe is causing her issues (it was injured maybe 2 weeks ago and she was not using it and slowly has been). And hahahaha, you don't really see any very old people walking amazing anywhere, ha ha. Violet will turn 2 next month, Would she be maybe 50-60 in human years?

My rats are spoiled usually whatever I make they get some off, or most of the time. Tonight I made roast, I don't love meat much so I normally don't make it, but they got a mini dinner of roast, potato, piece of cooked celery, and a carrot. :D

It's all fun in games until someone loses a toenail. Somehow Violet got it caught on something, and it came almost all the way off, blood is ALL over... my hoodie, my pants, me, my hair, the floor.. but NONE on Cleo. And our play session was going fine, besides the 'leave me alone' and 'this is mine' squabbles.

Yeah she's not limping at all, I hoping the nail will just fall off as it's still on there. No more blood though, she doesn't come out of her hit much anymore, makes me sad :( she's getting old and prob still misses her sissy.

Back