Will adding another rat to a pair decrease fighting?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SookieObiRonny&Bear

I currently have two female rats, about 10 or 11 months old. I recently posted a thread about Sookie being aggressive to Bear who was recently spayed and had surgery.
Before the spay and surgery, Bear was the dominant one, and she once bit Sookie leaving a small mark. Now Sookie has bitten and scarred Bear, and they always fight when I have them in a cage together for re-introduction.
I was wondering if adding another rat to the pair would help even out the dominance and change the behavior. I have done a little research about 'rolling groups' but I'd love your opinion, it would be very helpful.
Any thoughts about the behavior and dominance in a pair vs. a group?

I currently have two female rats, about 10 or 11 months old. I recently posted a thread about Sookie being aggressive to Bear who was recently spayed and had surgery.
Before the spay and surgery, Bear was the dominant one, and she once bit Sookie leaving a small mark. Now Sookie has bitten and scarred Bear, and they always fight when I have them in a cage together for re-introduction.
I was wondering if adding another rat to the pair would help even out the dominance and change the behavior. I have done a little research about 'rolling groups' but I'd love your opinion, it would be very helpful.
Any thoughts about the behavior and dominance in a pair vs. a group?
You can try adding a neutered male

Back