The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_.madi_moo._

hi! I have a big male rat named Bob and I’ve had him for almost a year now! But about a week ago I noticed he had a small white chunk of something on his right eye.. I thought it was bedding and left it for 3 days thinking he would get rid of it himself.. but he didn’t?? so I decided to try gently removing it myself, which I did successfully after about 5 minutes of trying with a soft clean unused makeup brush (damp not dry). Once it was out I felt it and it was kind of Harding but squishy like bedding! I thought that was the end of it.. but the day after on the same eye the same white chunk appeared again.. I thought it was a coincidence and I removed it again. Then the next day it appeared again!! This time it was a lot trickier to remove, it would move and slide around in the eyeball but it was over all just much tricker to unstick from the eye (I did end up getting it off). And again the next morning it was back :( I went to the pet store and baught some eye gel which helps rats wash their eyes out, I applied some yesterday but the white thing is still there. I’ve decided I will keep adding the gel but I’m not going to attempt removing it as I could be damaging his eye even worse! Does anybody know what this is I’m desperate to know and any help will be highly appreciated! :-(

I personally haven't heard of this before, it might be impossible but can you try to get a photo of it ? Visuals will always be beneficial

I personally haven't heard of this before, it might be impossible but can you try to get a photo of it ? Visuals will always be beneficial
Hi Thankyou for replying, thankfully his eye cleared up and is all good! All though now one of the baby rats from an accidental litter have just opened their eyes and one has cloudy dry eyes with crust.. :/ not entirely sure what to do but the poor baby looks like it could be blind??

Back