Where do your ratties live?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What room is / are your rat cage(s) in?

• basement

• bathroom

• bedroom

• computer room

• dinning room

• kitchen

• living room

• their own (rat) room

• rec room / family room

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
I am setting up my mega cage and, having just moved into an apartment with more than two rooms. I am debating on which room the cage should go in.

Have to admit that I am leaning towards the kitchen ...
That will put them closer to the fridge ... a major point of interest :wink:

and they can fling raisins at people who do not share food. :)

after all, thanks to Remi and his friends (in Ratatouille), we all now know that ratties belong in the kitchen :D

So, what room are your rat cages in?

lol@mamarat... she's got rats in all the rooms now.

I've got mine in the dining room but it's an open concept home with the kitchen, dining room and living room all open so there's always people about to talk to the ratties. :wink:

Technically, my girls are in the basement. But, so are Mike and I LOL. They are only steps away from our bedroom, and the "kitchen" and the "living area"... they are across the way from my clothes rack and beside Mike's drawers and in front of the armoir... so I guess they're in my walk in closet :lol:

We have the cage in our living room. But our condo is basically just one big room so it might as well be in the kitchen/dining room/office too. :)

Since getting a new Martin's cage, I've moved the boys back into the computer room. My parents weren't too happy about having them in the living room, even though they like my rats, they still like me having them 'away from visitors', lol. My girls are in the basement where I have a couch, tv, playstation, craft area and some storage. We redid the basement during the summer to make more space, and I also have a corner which I block off to let the rats have some free running room. My poor couch though, the cover is so dirty in stains from yogurt and food I bring down for them to eat :lol: I keep telling my mom I'll wash it, but somehow it always gets pushed down the priority list.

My girls are in the dog/rat room. The dogs crates are on one side of the room and the rats are on the other side. You would think my poor dogs never get any sleep with the rat up all night, but I have gone in there several times when I have heard rat fight and the dogs are fast alseep. :crazy3:

Our kids live in the bedroom with us. That way I am in there all the time anyway and can always keep on top of the smell.....plus hear if anyone is having issues.

Mine are in their own rat room due to curious kitties with not-so-friendly intentions.
I like it that way, they are free range 24hrs a day and have lots of toys and hidey houses on the floor, and a cheap wood framed couch where I can sit with them and they can climb and destroy. I have their big Martins cage in there also furnished with all their toys and hammocks and stuff.

Mine are in the livingroom. This is where we spend most of our time so we see them all the time. Our kitchen and livingroom are all open.

Didn't have "multiple rooms" option, so I chose living room...but I also have 4 in my room, and 5 in the living room.

Well, I decided to put the rat cages in the kitchen.

Here is the chin. cage with Ralphie (presently being integrated) and the other 12 in the "monster" martins (modified RUDD, 30 x 30 x 60)

Ratsinthekitchen.jpg

Did you spot all the rats?
How about the one on the fridge?
As you can see, I'm starting to get unpacked.

My ratties live in my bedroom :) There's nothing better than rat TV. I can (and do) watch them for hours. A lot of times that isn't too good since it makes me stay up late (well, later).

August1004.jpg

August1002.jpg

Back