What kind of car does people drive?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raindrop

I need to know what kind of car everybody drives and if they like them. Yes Jo we are car looking again but Honda is way to expensive for our daughter's first car :roll:

Ann

raindrop said:
I need to know what kind of car everybody drives and if they like them. Yes Jo we are car looking again but Honda is way to expensive for our daughter's first car :roll:

Ann
The Honda fit is a good little car and Honda is offering a a 1000$ refund. There is also the Yaris which qualifies for the 1000$ refund from the government... but that is if you are in Canada.

Actually, I don't recommend the Honda Fit, for almost the same price you can get the civic. And you do get the $1000 rebate as well with the civic.
They also have a used car lot... A couple of years ago, my husband's nephew bought a used Stratus from Scott.

What about a chevy cavalier? My bf got one used from a guy in Cochrane, it had made several trips to North Bay to visit the guy's girlfriend and was in perfect condition, my bf got it for $2000 it's a 97 and has never needed any repairs, they are good one gas and run well, they are considered a young person's car (they're the type that teens sup up) :roll:
We've gone to Toronto, Hamilton, Niagara Falls and into Quebec with it the funny thing is, is that now the car is making the same trips to North Bay as it did before to visit a girlfriend :lol:[/b]

I drive a bicycle :cheeky:

I don't have my liscence yet, but I'm hoping to get my G1 this summer, and take driving lessons in the Spring or something. Getting a car is on my to do list so I can not only be more mobile, but expand my job and school opportunities. I do like the Civic, so maybe thats something I can consider in a year or two :)

LMAO, Shelley!!

I drive a '93 or '97 (I don't know!!) Chevy Corsica. It's not a looker, that's for sure. But it runs well and only cost me $300. Literally. And I tell you, that little car can go go go. :wink: :D

1988 Jaguar XJ6.

I wouldn't recommend an older Jag to anyone who isn't a mechanic with a knowledge if British cars! (ridiculous wiring)

Well I did have a 1992 Saturn, and I have to say it stood up amazingly well. But as it was going I started looking for a newer car (used of course) and I got a 2002 Chevy Venture privately. I really stole this van but I have to say I love it so much.

Although I am sure you are not looking at a van though.

I drive a 99 civic and love it! It's starting to get a bit shabby but I have all the faith in the world that it will make it to 200K. We're at 140 right now. Hubby drives an 05 Mazda 3, whcih is a blast to drive. Zoom Zoom indeed! It needs really expensive tires which is not so good and we had no idea until we got a flat and it cost us $250 for ONE new tire :(

My parents have always used Nissan. We have a Pathfinder simply because of the farm. Anyway, Dad's convinced it's the best company in terms of safety or whatever you judge a car by. ;D

Though I learned in that big thing I prefer the littler cars...easier to park, lol.

Because I live so close to the subway I don't have my own. The vehicle I drive the most is a John Deere tractor, haha. I'm sure your daughter would be thrilled with that.

Lol yeah those parked cars in the narrow streets don't make it very relaxing at all. Of course my driving test was held in rush hour. :lol:

I had a 2000 Honda Civic, and it was pretty nice. Both Honda's and Toyota's seem to go forever without major problems as long as you take care of them. (Suspension does go though, and they of course rust like crazy.... but I"d much rather have that then engine issues!)

I sold my Civic to go back to school, so am now driving a 1982 Plymouth Reliant. :( However, it gets me from A to B and that is what a car is for.

Personally I would much rather have an older Civic/Accord/Corolla/Camry, than a newer Sunfire/Cavalier anyday.

Back