What does (normal) poo look like?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emsadventures

Hi. I've been searching for information on this for quite a while but have been unable to find anything on this subject and it really concerns me. I know how much it can say about their health and diet. My three girls either have too soft or too hard which my vet says is either too many vegetables (the soft ones) or too little fiber (the small hard ones) 😄. I've been experimenting trying to find a balance with dry and wet foods but am struggling to find a medium. It doesn't help that I don't know what a normal poop is supposed to look like, colour, size etc. and what that tells me about how to adjust their diet rations.
They get the shunamite diet dry mix along with occasional fruit & veggies by the way :) But I've held off the vegg for a couple of days as their poo is super runny.
I'd really appreciate some help, thank you :)

I would be iterested in this too. My girls do very different sized poops sometimes and I can't figure out why. Also, what dose non normal poop look like? Saddly there is very little photografic information out there. :/

I wish I could find some information about this, one of my rats has brown mushy large poops and the other two are black, small to medium 😅 I'm betting that the black, medium ones are normal? lol

As to the food your feeding im not sure what that is(if a homemade diet it could be they are choosing what they want to eat out of it)

most of us feed oxbow being its a all in one food for them. If you can i see your in NZ try and find a place that sells oxbow?

I've tried to find oxbow but had no luck. The only options are the seed mixes, beaphar, science select, lab blocks that are too high in protein and burgess.

Back