Weird sudden stop of movement

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snakerats

My girl Kobra just did something very weird I've never seen before and I wanted to know if anyone could tell what's wrong if anything.

Very suddenly, as I was cleaning their cage, Kobra did a few movements like she was sneezing and then completely froze up, I tried to touch her to see if she'd gotten stuck on anything and she jerked back and lost balance a bit before freezing up again.
She was very rigid and stood in a with her front paws pushing her upper body up, but she wasn't holding her head high, she'd react very slightly if I touched her, jerking back or gracing her teeth over my finger if I got near her head/mouth (probably a warning not to touch, so I stopped trying to physically check on her) . Her sisters didn't react at all so I can imagine it had anything to do with them.

I was able to get her moving again with a treat but it took her a big to bite into it, shaking mostly her jaw live she was trying to force it to open. After eating she seemed completely fine again.

Thought it might have been a seizure, but it didn't look like one, completely frozen not moving a muscle except to correct herself if she was moved.
Did she just get really spooked by something? A weird social behaviour or reaction I don't recognise? Or do I need to look for something else?

If anyone has an explanation or suggestion I'd appreciate it a lot, the whole situation spooked me a bit.

Back