Wee! This is gonna be fun

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldsGal

Hey everyone! Glad to be here. I am Staci and I am from Nebraska. I run a small rescue and currently have 13 of my own presonal ratties and 10 rats available for adoption.

I also have a 10 year old English Pointer Bud who adores his ratties and is such a big sweet heart. I love him dearly.

I am glad to see this forum started!

Staci

lilspaz68 said:
Hey Staci, we need a pic of Bud with the rats please. :D

Ask and you shall recieve!!!

DSCN0345-1.jpg

DSCN0300-1.jpg

DSCN0106-1.jpg

How many dogs do you know that you can completely trust with one day old pinkies? Bud is one of those He would never hurt them. Years ago when I had a litter a pinkie had some how gotten out of the cage and ended up on the floor. I walked by the room to find Bud laying on the floor messing with something. I immediately paniced and ran in to find him with the pinkie between in front paws and he was very very gently licking the pinkie and gave me a sad look when I came in like "mommy it got out of its cage. Put it back" I put the baby back in with his mommy and he was just fine. And as proof:

Litter4-1.jpg

Bud with Hazel and Phoebe soon after I brought them home:

DSCN0543-1.jpg

And of course a video fix too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUiWpTZ0-No\

Staci

Oh wow!! I want my laundry basket to be full of tiny baby rats too!!
Your so lucky to have such a good dog! I can't trust mine at all. :(

Hi Staci!! Nebraska, you say?! Awesome!! I am just a little under an hour away from there. :D

Are those the babies for adoption?! :shock:

*holds breath*

They are too adorable!!

*contains self*

Ah I can't do it!! DUMBOS!!!!!!!!! :lovestruck:

Cait said:
Hi Staci!! Nebraska, you say?! Awesome!! I am just a little under an hour away from there. :D

*holds breath*

They are too adorable!!

*contains self*

Sorry Cait those are her ooops litter that were born the day after my Ooops litter last August. So that litter born on August 22 are gwown up now. :)

Tis just as well! :D I was seriously trying to justify a trip to Lincoln, LMAO. I'm not a good one for temptation. :p

They are still cute! What a great doggie to be like that with such little babes. :D

lilspaz68 said:
Cait said:

*holds breath*

They are too adorable!!

*contains self*

Sorry Cait those are her ooops litter that were born the day after my Ooops litter last August. So that litter born on August 22 are gwown up now. :)

Yeppers those bubbers are all grown and wow! Hard to imagine they are all going to be a year old in a month.

However Cait if you really get that case of GGMR you definately need to check out my web site and click on avialable rats. Right now I have 10 available for adoption and sometime this week or next I will be getting in 5 new girls. Most of all of them are all young.

As for Bud. He has never ever shown signs of wanting to hurt the ratties. He just gets a tad rambunctions some times when they are out. He wants to play so bad with them. He wants them to chase him and he wants to chase them. But they don't understand that so I have to explain that to Bud at times. But all I have to say is, "Bud look at the babies." and he instantly gets real quiet and calm and from that point on he gets really protective of them. Rubeus for a long time after we got him didn't understand that Bud just wanted to say Hi when he stuck his nose up to the cage and would bite him. Bud would yip and then come to me looking very dejected. Rubeus has finally learned that Bud means no harm and has stoped biting him. On the other hand Bud has not learned yet that not every single rat loves him as much as he loves them. So when new rescues come in he gets nipped every once in a while.

Staci

I remember reading about your Bud on another forum... what a complete sweetie!

My rocko is scared of the rats :lol:

However Cait if you really get that case of GGMR you definately need to check out my web site and click on avialable rats. Right now I have 10 available for adoption and sometime this week or next I will be getting in 5 new girls.

:eek: Don't tempt me! ...... Well ok, tempt if you must. I'll definatly check it out, that's for sure. :D

Back