We finally might get these girls together!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon

My problem with doing in-cage intros is that my cage cleaning usually gets done before I am going out for the day. And that just doesn't work.

But as of right now, the three girls are in the big (newly scrubbed and re-arranged) cage. Things have been going as hoped for about an hour now. *knocks on wood* I put them all in when the cage was just clean and then accessorized around them, so they'd get to check everything out together. Emma is not being a grumpy git, and Maeby and Lucille are checking everything out immensly, which involves scrambling over Emma and shoving her aside... but she's dealing with it well instead of getting grumbly over it.

So, here's my question... if all is still well by the time I go to bed tonight (about 11).. should I leave them in there? Our bed is within earshot of the cage so I will hear any scuffles.

The next question is, if all is still well by tomorrow morning, can I leave them in there for the day while I am at work? I'm a little scared to do that, but Mike can come home at lunch and check on them.....

Any insight is appreciated.

Usually, you can tell within the first couple of hours if all will go well. I'd say keep them together overnight too. Girls don't usually fight to the blood.
Good luck!!!

Well, there WAS blood during the first in cage (which... was not planned... longish story.. forgot the black girls were shoulder riding and went to visit Maggie and Emma... bad rat mom :() and then there was one other in cage boxing match, a pretty heavy duty one, but both of those were within moments of them being in the cage together. So I am optomistic.

Thanks for the well wishes.

You've been doing intros for awhile now right? How were the intros? I think you are doing things the right way for this time around, it should work out!

Everything outside a cage went completely fabulously, nothing even remotely off-putting.

Then, the day of the fight, Maeby and Lucille 2 were shoulder riding, and I went to visit Maggie and Emma. Well, Maeby and Lucille 2 went flying in, and I thought "well, they're in there, so I might as well see how it goes..." and, as I said, there was a good boxing match (which was easily stopped by me yelling "Oi!!") and then very shortly after there was a rattie deathball. So, I held off of even remotely doing anything in cage for a long long time. Obviously I had not intended for their first in cage to go like that, as I hadn't planned it to happen at all.

But, with out-time still going so well and now Emma being alone, it really lit a fire under my butt to get things going.

The girls spent their night together incident free, and Mike and I woke up to see them happily squished together in their sleeping bucket :D

:balloons3: Whoo-hoo! I am so happy for you - and your girls!
You're over the hurdle, sounds like a done deal.
Add me to the list of people you have to pass on kisses for?
Beautiful!

Everyone in the house has been saying "I saw the girls are all together, I gave them some ____ " (fill in random foodstuff from store room) At least the girls are being well fed!! (so far today they've been given dried cranberries, munchie mix, a pretzel and tomato bits.. and I haven't even made their dinner yet!)

Well, I think it may be a done deal. Lucille is monkeying all over the cage, Maeby is going out of her way to sit in the water dish and Emma is giving them a look that pretty much translates to "pfft.. kids". She refuses to leave the sleeping bucket for anything but food... even skritchems and out time! That to me reads as a very successful rattie bed.

Thanks for the congrats, all. I will dispense kisses as soon as I am finished eating supper.

Wonderful news Moon, thats a great intro, and you will now get to watch Emma grudgingly get a bit younger with the babies. She's going to play curmudgeon for a bit then she'll forget and play with them. :)

Back