We did it....

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashana

Ok so we decided to try some young males to go with Squirt who is all by himself.
Squirt is nearly 13 weeks old so i knew time was running out.
I went to a pet shop and they had just got some surrenders in which were around the 5-6 weeks old but when she lifted the igloo up there was one male who was around the 10-12 weeks old (by his size).
So i got him and one of the little ones (for company while getting to know them) and they get along fine.
Today when i was talking to my girls (the new boys cage is above) and squirt was on my shoulder the larger male was almost hissing and jumped at the wire. I am thinking this is not a good sign.
I am not going to start true intro's for another couple of days if not longer and it will be in an area that none of the boys know, and i will vanilla scent them like i did when i intro'ed hannah to the girls.

anything else that i should do?
any ideas, guessing from that reaction?

Aimee

That reaction is quite normal and not real indication of how intros will go. The little guy was just protecting his home from "intruders".

Thats what i was thinking could be the cause.
Squirt is such a squishy, i don't want to see him get hurt :( although i am probably more worried cause he has been with us since 5 days after his birth so he is my BABY :oops:

Aimee

Back